Kanedog discovers a Clutching CATastrophy, again. Pics!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looked at my clutches and I have the grade 5 bolts on my 18, no cracks yet from what I can see, hopefully cat issues some sort of fix soon, if not could a guy just change the bolts to the grade 8 bolts?

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looked at my clutches and I have the grade 5 bolts on my 18, no cracks yet from what I can see, hopefully cat issues some sort of fix soon, if not could a guy just change the bolts to the grade 8 bolts?

Oh yeah for sure you could.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys need to get as upset as you were when doo’s were blowing belts. Man I’d be calling a lawyer and have them deal with Cat directly. Their lack of a safety bulletin is concerning to say the least.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys need to get as upset as you were when doo’s were blowing belts. Man I’d be calling a lawyer and have them deal with Cat directly. Their lack of a safety bulletin is concerning to say the least.
I got a customer satisfaction survey from cat in the mail today. Could win $500

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lawyer?? lol, man over a $700 clutch or the rare possibility of injury that no one to date has claim to make? Sure, why not spend a few grand just for sh$t's and giggles....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clutch is $1150 CAD just for reference.

What’s the price if you price out the team part number!?? Rec Supply and similar distributors should have them available to order.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lawyer?? lol, man over a $700 clutch or the rare possibility of injury that no one to date has claim to make? Sure, why not spend a few grand just for sh$t's and giggles....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
What’s your leg worth then? $700?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

sounds more like a class action lawsuit.

Nice deflection doo-boys......lol
The lawsuits you recommend need to wait to see what Cat comes through with. There is a good chance that Cat might deal with this properly....many clutches from what I hear have been replaced under warranty already, haven't they?

Curious though, how many of you served lawsuits to Doo with the clutch issues and the glass front ends, etc.....cuz as far as I recall, Doo didn't have any warranty for most of those issues

Granted, I think this is of higher significance because it can be deemed as a safety issue that Cat has and they should be acting on it sooner than later.....time will tell

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The lawsuits you recommend need to wait to see what Cat comes through with. There is a good chance that Cat might deal with this properly....many clutches from what I hear have been replaced under warranty already, haven't they?

Curious though, how many of you served lawsuits to Doo with the clutch issues and the glass front ends, etc.....cuz as far as I recall, Doo didn't have any warranty for most of those issues

Granted, I think this is of higher significance because it can be deemed as a safety issue that Cat has and they should be acting on it sooner than later.....time will tell

this is a cat thread isn't it? nice try to do the ole double deflect

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not about Cat versus Doo. It’s about safety. If this was Doo you’d be post whoring to your hearts delight and you know it. Cat needs to recognize this problem still exists on not just the 2017 and 2018 models like the Freak just posted. Safety first boys.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s your leg worth then? $700?
Please tell me how spending 5k on a lawyer is going to guarantee to fix my specific problem. I think you are just rambling incoherently.

What is the chance of losing a leg in a car accident every single day? You stay at home to avoid that?

Top Bottom