Kakwa falls groomer sponsor program and trail passes

APEX320

Reaction score
Hey everyone just a quick reminder to make sure we all support our local Swan City Snowmobile Club by purchasing Trail passes for Kakwa.
Also New this year they have a Groomer sponsor program. It costs $200 and you get a sticker that goes onto your sled camp. 100% of it from what I understand goes to the groomer which is much needed. We all love riding the groomed trails but it seems it is soo hard to collect any funds to help this program. We all can afford to ride (Sled, Fuel, Etc etc) Whats $70 to help keep this groomed trail possible.

**From the Swan City Snowmobile Club website**

Len Frieze has started the groomer sponsorship program. This a collection of $200.00 from each sled camp at Kakwa. If you donate, you will receive a decal to be put on you camp stating you support the Groomer Sponsorship Program. So please be prepared to help out. We may ask dealerships to help out selling, as well.

jimxp

Reaction score
this is a excellent idea to cover the groomer cost, and i know we all love a fresh groomer trail.!!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sucked seeing this last spring. trail was absolutely horrid....

pics358Medium.jpg

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there some where we can give the 200 in cash,i havent had a cheque in a 100 years...

APEX320

Reaction score
is there some where we can give the 200 in cash,i havent had a cheque in a 100 years...

You can contact Len Freisz at 780-814-4975 and he is able to take cheque or cash. If you have a cheque please make it out to Swan city Snowmobile club and in the notes field put groomer program. Cheques can be mailed to:
Attn: Len Freisz
7757 65 Ave
GP, AB
T8W-0H2.
Please Include your name, number, Sled camp permit number and area camp is in. And a return mailing address for reciepts.

Thank you and make sure to pass it along we need everyone's help.

Kakwa Krawler

Reaction score
I have no problem supporting the groomer program with the two hundred dollars, my concern is that if people are not buying trail passes, this will not increase that needed income and club membership numbers, it will be the same people who purchase their passes every year that will donate the money so its a double hit to those who already support. I know that forestry does not want to get involved with the trail passes, but would it be out of the question to have them request us to produce a trail pass in order to get a camp permit?
I applaud the trail pass check stop and will volunteer for this, its a perfect way to get day tripper support.
Any other thoughts on how to get dead beats to buy trail passes?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no problem supporting the groomer program with the two hundred dollars, my concern is that if people are not buying trail passes, this will not increase that needed income and club membership numbers, it will be the same people who purchase their passes every year that will donate the money so its a double hit to those who already support. I know that forestry does not want to get involved with the trail passes, but would it be out of the question to have them request us to produce a trail pass in order to get a camp permit?
I applaud the trail pass check stop and will volunteer for this, its a perfect way to get day tripper support.
Any other thoughts on how to get dead beats to buy trail passes?

All you can really do is make sure that buds you ride with all have passes and hassle the folks that you run across on the trails that don't have them.
Maybe threaten to tow vehicles from staging areas if riders don't have passes.:smiliestirthepot:

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or just quit grooming like it was years ago and enjoy all the fresh powder because there will be that many less people riding out there. At least then I won't have to keep running across threads with people whining about people not buying trail passes.
Obviously.... I mean it's fawking obvious people don't want to pay for a trail pass so quit giving them the service. The trail into the lake has been there for years, and the snowmobile club never built it, so why do they feel they have to keep maintaining it when people don't want to pay for the maintenance? It's as smart as trying to throw a raindrop into the sky because you don't want it to rain.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Or just quit grooming like it was years ago and enjoy all the fresh powder because there will be that many less people riding out there. At least then I won't have to keep running across threads with people whining about people not buying trail passes.
Obviously.... I mean it's fawking obvious people don't want to pay for a trail pass so quit giving them the service. The trail into the lake has been there for years, and the snowmobile club never built it, so why do they feel they have to keep maintaining it when people don't want to pay for the maintenance? It's as smart as trying to throw a raindrop into the sky because you don't want it to rain.

Trail Passes are more than grooming fees. Trail insurance is funded by Trail Pass money. Without insurance your old historic trail maybe closed. The Clubs relationship with the ASA and the government go a long ways to keeping sensitive areas open to snowmobiling. No Club protection,no organized trail= no trail = CLOSED AREA.
GP is a big oil town with a great support for the KAKWA area. Why would you not want to spend $60.00 to keep it around?

Timber-12 is it that much to ask? Take a look at the Camp Town. Do you really think the Government would let the Club organize that area without some organized group? Funding,insurance,responsibility,strong association to back clubs up all comes from that Trail Pass.
DO YOUR PART BUY ONE WHERE YOU RIDE.:rant:

Thanks enjoy your trail

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why can't sledders get it through there heads? This is a pay to play sport just like golf or bowling or trap shooting or going to a gym. To me it's pretty simple, if you want to go ditch bang or stubble jump, have at her but if you want to ride a groomed trail, pay the going rate.
This shouln't even be a debate.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the way things are with clousers,if you dont have a club with people involved and the area being used they could just shut kakwa down,would that be better?

APEX320

Reaction score
We just need to work together and get everyone we ride with to buy a pass. This would help out greatly. Don't quote me but I heard they had more camp permits then trailpasses sold?? If we all just did our part this wouldn't even be an issue. Bug the friends you ride with and tell them to pass it on.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing that will keep the riding areas closed more than anything, and this is just my opinion (which could very well be wrong) will be the people that take the initiative to call or write their Member Of Parliment directly asking them to keep areas open, or to open up new areas for us (say maybe some that are actually in the alberta side).

In all the stupid crying posts about the groomer, Your post "sledderglen" was the first one that actually mentioned that there is more to the trail pass than just a groomed trail. Maybe if that point alone was pointed out A LOT more, then maybe more people would get the point of why to buy a pass rather than a groomed trail. Because honestly, if people aren't getting that point yet, what makes you think they will?

And I really question the need of a "donation" thing for the people with camps. Someone should have come up with the simple idea that camp permits are "x amount of dollars" and without a camp permit, you have no camp. You want a camp, you pay to have a camp.

And yes Sledderglen, I do have my two trail passes already and did have before when I posted that. No I haven't wrote a letter to my MP yet but it's something I want to do and I think everyone that does write a letter will be doing a hell of a lot more than buying a trail pass.

All4Traction

Reaction score
Timber, its really easy to sit here and say that there should be camp fees, (Trust me, its been heavily discussed) BUT...theres more legal restrictions than you can believe since its crown land. There is stuff in the works for camps hopefully for next year.

You bring up some good ideas, theyre simple in theory, but are actually very complicated.

If YOU want to help make a difference, get involved in the Swan City Snowmobile Club, or your local club.

NOT buying a trail pass isn't going to shut down a riding area, its just going to make the areas harder to get into. Areas being closed/opened has to do with environmental issues/assessments.

But trail passes are still very important to support our clubs. Our biggest expense is the cost of the groomer and fuel. These Camp trail passes will help pay for the groomer, and hopefully have some extra in the bank for paying for future repairs, or even a new groomer :)

Jerscott69

Reaction score
I have a question I have a trail pass and it was my first time to kakwa today why is the BC side not groomed?? it's a mess!! it's never been done and it looks to me that there is more snow on the BC side, BUT only the alberta is done, am I missing something? And just to comment on everthing I bought a pass and I have never been to kakwa before today, it's only 60 bucks no big deal, BUT if the sled trails don't improve I'm not sure I would waste money again, and as for the trails closing lol just try to keep out the sleds, 20km hit the river boom your there, P.S. I'm not bitching about the shitty trails I don't care my sled is set up for it, I'm just saying if you want the support (and I will give it 100%) get on the BC side and get it groomed OR a good reason why it's not

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a question I have a trail pass and it was my first time to kakwa today why is the BC side not groomed?? it's a mess!! it's never been done and it looks to me that there is more snow on the BC side, BUT only the alberta is done, am I missing something? And just to comment on everthing I bought a pass and I have never been to kakwa before today, it's only 60 bucks no big deal, BUT if the sled trails don't improve I'm not sure I would waste money again, and as for the trails closing lol just try to keep out the sleds, 20km hit the river boom your there, P.S. I'm not bitching about the shitty trails I don't care my sled is set up for it, I'm just saying if you want the support (and I will give it 100%) get on the BC side and get it groomed OR a good reason why it's not

So your first time to Kakwa, you don't have a clue what the situation is, you have a bunch of questions and your first response is threats and attitude, and a flippant cocky stance on the rules we are trying to deal with as to access. Here"s my response, don't come back, go somewhere else and take your arrogant attitude with you. Kakwa area has a great group of people out there who work hard to maintain the trails within the rules, and manage the area for the future. Its apparent you have no interest beyond the selfishness you display so, Have a good day now.......somewhere else.

F/A

Reaction score
We all have sleds, pay fuel to get them out there, stay in our camps, what is the extra cost of a trail pass, and a groomer donation. I have rode the trail when it wasn't groomed, and would still go if it wasn't, but I sure do enjoy the smooth trail after a long days ride. I have four sleds, each with a pass, and a camp and I donated, you guys who don't want to support the club or groomer fine, but please just keep your mouth shut, you still ride for free!

Top Bottom