Kakwa Conditions Update - 26/4/2011

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good morning,

My uncle was up in Kakwa this weekend for a day trip and said the snow was phenomenal. That there is plenty left for riding and will be a long season for mountain riding. Though I did hear that they won't be letting sledders in after May 3rd because of the caribou, not sure if any truth to that. The trail in and out is fairly beat up but whats you're in it's glorious.

Thanks for reading.

skylinegtr

Reaction score
Good morning,

My uncle was up in Kakwa this weekend for a day trip and said the snow was phenomenal. That there is plenty left for riding and will be a long season for mountain riding. Though I did hear that they won't be letting sledders in after May 3rd because of the caribou, not sure if any truth to that. The trail in and out is fairly beat up but whats you're in it's glorious.

Thanks for reading.

ditto was in 4 days last week!

fatguy1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good morning,

Thanks for reading.

The last day of riding in the B.C. side of Kakwa is April 30th. the May 3rd deal is from the Alberta SRD to have all the camps out.

Check out the swan city snowmobile club website for the links to the maps that show the area boundaries as some areas are already closed.:d

fatguy1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out this map at the swancitysnowmobileclub.org

[media]http://www.swancitysnowmobileclub.org/images/stories/Maps/snowmobiling_zone.jpg[/media]

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow! There's 1" at the "T" to Horn, with it getting deeper as you climb. was enough snow drifted over the trail above the tree line to get a quad stuck!

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pics!!

Attachments

• IMG_0977.jpg
    IMG_0977.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_7612.jpg
    IMG_7612.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_9177.jpg
    IMG_9177.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_1723.jpg
    IMG_1723.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 311

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I JUST got back! 2 feet of snow at the parking lot, snowing like a mofo! The wipers could hardly even keep up! The only thing keeping us on the trail was following the cariboo. But as soon as we chased them a mile or so we gave up and left so we wouldn't disturb the heli skiers.

fonzy

Reaction score
my boss and 2 buddies are heading up today to drag in their camp, ill see if i can get pics when they get back

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone remember how to get the temp and snow accumulation in Kakwa? There was a site and I seemed to have miss placed it. Thanks.

Top Bottom