Just bought a car on E-bay! Now What??

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smart a$$ remarks on S&M?????.....no way!!!!!

Take the good with the bad and have a great day......:party2:

PS I like the info on the 24 hour quick renewal for a passport. Didn't realize there was such a thing....the wealth of knowledge one gets from reading is amazzzzzing!

Yes there is but there are some circumstances to it from what I understand, usually preference is given to those requiring these special circumstances. A guy I work with is going through it right now, his bro-in-law died suddenly on Sat night and funeral is being held in Seattle on Friday so they are doing the emergency passport thing, preference is usually given to these types of situations I think, not some guy that realized he needed a passport for his trip to mexico 8 hrs before the plane is taking off.... :)

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I brought in a car from the Eastern USA. Car company and owner arranged for pick up. Landed in Edmonton had to go to the airport to take care of custom stuff loaded on trailer. Need TITLE big time in States. Some states have a no title if old classic.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't worry - not all of us are smartazzes. Yes, you can get a brokerage company to ship it across the border for you. We do it all time for specialty chemicals at work here. It's no big deal. Some peeps just don't know. $500 ain't a bad deal but I would shop around and see what you can get, late last fall I got $10K worth of chemical shipped from Texas to Calgary for about $200 brokerage fee. I can find the name of the company if you need me to, let me know.

Hope that helps.

hmm special chemicals, never heard it called that before. now i can understand what you mean by your cat can climb higher!!!!!

Last edited:

Top Fuel

Reaction score
There are a number of shipping companies and car carriers that can ship it up. Ebay protects you on large purchases and you can also use their escrow service to which you send them the funds, the seller ships the car, they then release the funds and you get the car. A&A has brokered a few things for us such as muscle cars and Harley's, and you can find them on google under A&A Custom Brokers. Great people...ask for Veronica.

Do a search for pacific northwest car carriers and you'll find a few that can deliver it right to your door. There are lots of them, and some will perform the escrow service for you. Only deal with the car is that it needs to have a "clear title", and A&A will send the paperwork to customs 3 days before the car is to enter Canada. This allows customs to perform a background check on the car and the title. Piece of cake...so worry not.

Got any pics of the car?

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep the older ones are definatey easier than the newer ones. Actaully it isn't all that bad. I'm exporting a side by side in from the US and did all my own paperwork so on May 23rd I'll be able to tell you if I blew the whole thing or if I did it right! ....let us know how you make out....good luck with your deal...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
There are a number of shipping companies and car carriers that can ship it up. Ebay protects you on large purchases and you can also use their escrow service to which you send them the funds, the seller ships the car, they then release the funds and you get the car. A&A has brokered a few things for us such as muscle cars and Harley's, and you can find them on google under A&A Custom Brokers. Great people...ask for Veronica.

Got any pics of the car?

According to many scam alerts, E-Bay claims they do not offer this service and if you are asked to participate in such activity to treat it as a scam and report the seller.............. Pay-pal protects the buyer as it acts like a credit card company and charges can be disputed and refunded depending on the circumstance...

I may be wrong but this has been my understanding.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help and advice!:beer: I contacted A&A Custom Brokers and they will take care of everything. Shipped to my door for $1200. Brokerage incl. So if you factor in fuel, hotel, meals, lost wages and STRESS:eek::confused: well worth it! IMO
Thx again
Here is a pic of her

Attachments

• Dart.jpg
    Dart.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Dart Swinger.jpg
    Dart Swinger.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 99

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help and advice!:beer: I contacted A&A Custom Brokers and they will take care of everything. Shipped to my door for $1200. Brokerage incl. So if you factor in fuel, hotel, meals, lost wages and STRESS:eek::confused: well worth it! IMO
Thx again
Here is a pic of her

yah thats the way to do it for sure, i would have seen this earlier i could have told you what you know now, yes you can ship it to near the boarder and have you paper work ready but its cheaper delivery and brokerage fees, to your door the shipping and brokerage fees are higher.....

brother inlaw got a loaded 250 harley ford with 22s train horns and a bunch other accessories and it was 27 for a 2 year old truck from florida, my wife got a limited edition rx8 for 16 and she could sell it 3 years later for 18+

its scary how ripped off we are, but now it seems new is so cheap with zero% rates and 7 dollers off stick price......used are no selling.

My lease buy out is 22 and i was told to go in and offer 16 or let it sit on their lot. Its a 08 4x4 gmc crew.....$43,000 truck sticker.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 70 Dodge Dart Swinger off E-bay and have no Idea what to do next. My passport is expired at the moment so going down to Oregan is not an option. Shipping to the border sounds like my best bet but how do I not get screwed in terms of payment and getting title and stuff??
Any help is appreciated
Rich

I thought if you bought a car on the net in the States you were supposed to fill it with fireworks, propane and gasoline and abandon it in Times Square......

Top Bottom