Jumbo

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Against and not because I love Grizzlies or have ever hiked there. It's a matter of principle, government ok's another ski resort that will affect the environment, wildlife and restrict public access to crown land because they know how much money will come to them in taxes, but it's ok to shut down sledding to "endangered" caribou because we will just ride somewhere else and they still get the same amount of taxes from what we spend. BS if you ask me.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which way (valley) up is this photo taken??

You know i am all for sledding and what not, and heck i haven ridden up there back in the day when you could.... but really this is prestine land up jumbo. The resort will just wreck what is existing. As well what is this going to do to panorama. Why would i want to ski pano, when i could drive another 20min for glacier skiing.... it is up the same valley and the same road. these people are not sledder friendly, you should see the amount of signs up here, they are littered everywhere. EVERY road/loggin branch road is marked with signs that they do not want you up here or anything motorized for that fact. from jumbo/glacier dome you have acces to commander icefield (littered with cravas), lake of the hanging glacier, and access to the starbird glacier. So when i go hiking up to lake of the hanging glacier, now i have to look at ski lifts? Hell the jumbo side doesnt even carry snow throughout the summer. I just understand the logic, the glacier has recieded way back and the jumbo bowl is full of avy terrain. Myself, even though it brings economy for the valley i would not be a support by any means just based on the enviornmental impact.

PIc was taken near the head waters of Glacier Creek East of the Duncan dam.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I support the Jumbo resort.....but only because Wildsight opposes it. Just can't bring myself to agree with those people! :aim_sorry:

Reactions: kjb
Top Bottom