John Bones Jones

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who agrees with the judges decision? I think Gustafson (sp) edged him out myself, definitely inflicted more damage than jones did. Jones' lips where up to about 50psi at the end of the fight! That Swede has a chin made out of granite for sure. The Swede's gas tank ran out about half way in the fifth, but up until then, he was moving steady, 'ol big John Mcarthy had a work out last night for sure trying to stay out of the way. :beer: :)

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't agree with the unanimous decision. I think Gustafson had the first two rounds. Jones probably got the last two. He sure looked beat up heading to the dressing room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were many many elbows and kicks to the head from Jones. I think he won fair and square. Gustavson was reeling a couple times by running in circles, and had his bell rung too. He is a tough customer for sure.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as close as it was, I agree with the decision....in a championship match the challenger has to make it absolutely clear he's the better fighter which I didn't see Gustavson do. best opponent for Jones so far tho, good fight

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were many many elbows and kicks to the head from Jones. I think he won fair and square. Gustavson was reeling a couple times by running in circles, and had his bell rung too. He is a tough customer for sure.

Don't get me wrong I think jones won the fight but I think Gustafson gave him a run for his money. He deserved at least one round. I also can't wait for the rematch. Kudos to them both. Helluva fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be a fight to the death, that would change the whole dynamic and really make things interesting, or maybe put a bear or tiger in the cage. Just saying

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as close as it was, I agree with the decision....in a championship match the challenger has to make it absolutely clear he's the better fighter which I didn't see Gustavson do. best opponent for Jones so far tho, good fight

I agree with you, that the challenger needs to have a clear win KO/Submission, etc., and keep it out of the judges hands. I thought that the swede pushed the fight, a lot of the elbows that Jones landed weren't clean hits, caught it more with his tricep than his elbow...don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of any of that, but it they weren't clean elbow strikes. It seems that Jones was more interested in trying to hyper-flex the swedes knee with those front kicks. Glad I wasn't the one scoring it, as it I thought it was a lot closer than the judges saw it. All in all it was a great fight though, can't wait for the rematch.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gave it to Gustaffson. He was clearly frustrating Jones through out the first 3 rounds. Gustaffson knew that if he got in too close, Jones would let the elbows fly. Most of the time he was able to get out fast enough to avoid the elbows. Even then, Jones didn't catch him with a real elbow until the 4th. He took Jones down which I thought pretty much gives you that round unless the opponent takes you down in the same round. The guy got rocked in the 4th and was able to withstand some big blows to the end while still throwing some good punches that made Jones back up.
One judge screwed up and had Jones ahead by quite a few points overall which typically means he domimated. I didn't see Jones dominate one round. Nothing like his previous fights.
Win or lose, that is exactly the kind of fight I want to see for a belt.

Top Bottom