January conditions

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail in very good condition. Not much fresh up top, 6" to a foot. Found areas to play in, but very warm and snow is setting up. Blue skies. Put on a lot of km hitting our usual spots. Snow level with deck on cabin.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a couple fellows in parking lot said there was good snow but had to go back for it.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you guys get some sun the back side of the Renshaw will provide you a good ride. The snow was set up and all the usual spots are beat bad. I would say that the snow fall is 4-5 feet short of last year at this time. Snow in town when we left this am but only a light dusting.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode renshaw today had a blast didn't have to go far to find snow to play in, light snowfall most of the day that limited visibility, stuck to the trees, and dropped into places I've never been it before. Had a blast! Trail was in very good condition coming down tonight.
Sorry didn't take many pics.

Sent from my iPhone using The terrible app called Tapatalk

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ron we are going to be at the renshaw staging area tomorrow around 8am local time if you'd like to join us.

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me and a freind are looking to meet up with another rider or 2 on the 20th-21st if at all possible both experienced just want more peeps to ride with

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
starting tomorrow groomer will be running at some unsual times so please slow down for the this entire week on the renshaw trail. thanks. AND DON'T FORGET THE CABIN AT RENSHAW WILL HAVE LIMITED ACCESS TO THE PUBLIC ALL WEEK.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lost a scala cardo g9 radio some where on the back side of the saddle. If someone finds it please pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great day in renshaw again. Met up with rknight111 and layed Tracks in some decent snow. Maybe 6-8" of fresh on the back side of renshaw and renshaw lake. Seen some slides and one stupid one triggered by a hymarker

Terrace

Reaction score
me and a freind are looking to meet up with another rider or 2 on the 20th-21st if at all possible both experienced just want more peeps to ride with

Hey! I wouldn't mind to meet up with you guys if your still going. Sent you a pm.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Road Renshaw on Saturday. Trail up and down was great, nice and wide too. It started out pretty socked in and ended up a bluebird afternoon in areas then a storm started rolling in. We played west of the ladder to find 6-8" fresh, with not a lot of tracked areas. If you venture out further from the cabin you may find some decent playing snow.
And by the way it is snowing outside right now there will be some nice snow.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Tonight there is sleet coming down in town and the crew here said they were getting a good dump on Lucielle mountain. We will be working on the Renshaw cabin all week, I recall that this area will be inaccessible to public for the week. https://www.snowandmud.com/mcbride-area-3/renshaw-cabin-extention-96741.html

I'll post daily pics of the progress.

Here's a few pics from yesterday,
photo 1.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 4.jpg photo 5.jpg

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We were up at Renshaw today on Day 1 of the cabin extension, it was snowing like crap up there. 8" when we got there and approximately 16" by the time we left and that was at the cabin. It was coming down very heavy when we left and not stopping, hard to keep the goggles clean. For more info see the Cabin extension thread, Also the cabin is closed for the week.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me and a buddy are supposed to be coming up late sunday to ride monday and tues, but now i see the forecast has temps of +4 to +6 and rain, so i am a little worried that it will be raining up top. not sure what to do. if we do deceide to come is there anyone else that will be riding then that we could mingle with, i just dont like going into renshaw with only 2 guys in case of problems.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of snow here in McBride, there was a huge dump of fresh. We were building the cabin today and the group that came by all had smiles and said there was 18" - 24" of fresh new stuff.
Trail is in excellent shape as well.

Hows are things looking up there now? Still some fresh laying around?

Whats the best place to hit with some new guys? I heard rensaw is good but long trail up.

Top Bottom