Jackets

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey ladies,

i am trying to find a new jacket to wear this winter and my regular skidoo jacket is getting old and isnt that warm.

What are you ladies wearing?

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have FXR as well as cold wave both very warm. i agree with sledmammas posts below as i too an almost 6' so 90% of womens clothing is too short in the arms and legs, there fore for pants i resort to mens they come some times 3-4 inches longer then ladies! as for jackets being i can make my own clothing i know how to add on to the sleeves to make it so they feel and look longer kind of like what lululemon does where there is an inner sock like sleeve so there is no snow that get in...and each fix for the sleeves. my pants a from coscto cant go wrong for $36 they have lasted me 2 years and still in great shape but being mens they are a little longer enough that it does not look like i was waiting for a flood!

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey ladies,

i am trying to find a new jacket to wear this winter and my regular skidoo jacket is getting old and isnt that warm.

What are you ladies wearing?

Jackets for women are a tough one in the winter... No good jackets come small enough with long enough arms, in my case. Here's praying that the rise in the # of women sledding will inspire some womens clothing that women actually wanna wear...

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the klim Allure ladies coat and have never been cold or wet! Do not like the ladies bib pants from klim though. They are way too warm for anything but a cold trail ride.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the klim Allure ladies coat and have never been cold or wet! Do not like the ladies bib pants from klim though. They are way too warm for anything but a cold trail ride.

Klim coats don't work for me. I wear a small/xtra small, but the arms are way too short. And their selection of color/style is very limited: blue black or pink... Uuuugh. I wear the womens bibs in a medium, which are also too big, but I need the length. I extend the straps all the way and they barely reach the top of my boot. Then I have saga-azz-syndrome bcz my pants are too big. Who designs this stuff?? The pants are pretty warm in spring, but I just wear a sweater and Klim windbreaker on warmer days and it seems to keep me cool and dry.

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear guys gear....the ladies stuff is WAY to small for my monkey arms!

skidoogirl

Reaction score
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my HMK action jacket, it's a mens xs. Arms are too long, but that's ok. It's a bit baggy but that is fine because it's comfortable and there's no bunching or tightness with layers. I will be wearing for a long time, I am in love with it. And the fabric is tough, it still looks new after an entire season.

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah i agree, the klim selection is very limited.

I have the opposite problem as you guys, im about 5'2 so the men's stuff wont even come near fitting me. I bought a slednecks jacket n men's extra small and its that long in the arms and length it looks like a dress.

Anyone hear anything about castle x?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my New Motorfist Rekon Jacket like 10 minutes ago!........... oh my gosh I'm so excited. It's smmmmmmokin awesome.
I'm built weird... freaky long arms and legs. MF Medium fits me perfectly. Room for my midlayer and vest. I'm 5'9"

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so after searching and searching i found two dealers that i liked

castle and arctiva

of course both I couldn't find a dealer in canada but a place in Minnesota is shipping it to me for $20!

so excited :)

Here it is!

2011-Arctiva-Womens-Comp-5-Insulated-Jacket-Pink-Camo__37224_zoom.jpg

BrownEyes420

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to have all FXR stuff (jacket and pants) but they were men's sizes (women's didn't fit right) which were too big in some places and not big enough in others, plus I didn't find my jacket all that good when it was really cold out. I prefer Ski-doo jackets (I have 4 of them!!) My friend has a castle x jacket and she said it was great both colder and warmer weather. I am 5' 5" and castle x pants I have are great. They fit well and keep me really warm and not too warm when it's mild out in the spring.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its bc whoever is designing the gear must thing were all 5'0" tall and 120lb twigs or something!! simply ridic. they need the women who ride to design it. I got the klim womens allure bc klim seems to be the only thing guaranteed to keep you dry. the arms are borderline but w gloves i make it work fine. can wear my base layers and vest inside when i need too. as for pants i wear my special blend snowboard pants. there mens so there long enough.

i know you've already decided but for other women in the same boat heres my 2cents..

the thing you need to know is where do you do most of your riding? castlex and arctiva are great, and warm .. along w other brands (slednecks etc) but they will get soaked really easily.. so if riding trails around home here lots and go to the mountains once or twice a year then that gear is great, just dry it out each night. but if you go to mountains lots, you want somethin that keeps you dry, is light n vented. im trying to transition to more mountain riding so im starting to get the gear for it. my klim allure keeps me warm, but on occassion have to layer up. nothing seems to be as warm as the suits from the manufacturers (doo, cat etc) , we just always want something different haha

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got the Klim Allure jacket and the Klim Freeride pants. I find the coat a little warm for spring riding, almost wished it had a zip out lining. I have never been cold or wet in this jacket, though. I don't mind the black, my sled and helmet are bright so it sets it off quite nicely in the snow.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you tried the Klim gear in tall sizes??? The men's gear also comes in an XS and fits very small... I am 5'5" 120 lbs and I wear a small men's pant in regular length. The tall sizes are insanely tall, like for over 6' people.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got the Klim Allure jacket and the Klim Freeride pants. I find the coat a little warm for spring riding, almost wished it had a zip out lining. I have never been cold or wet in this jacket, though. I don't mind the black, my sled and helmet are bright so it sets it off quite nicely in the snow.

I took the insulation out of my Allure jacket and just layer up underneath when it's cold.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats a pretty smart idea (pulling out the insulation).. never thought of doing that!

woodym7

Reaction score
not a gurl, but the Motor Fist stuff looks amazing and fits awesome they have tonnes of options, one of your local dealers will carry it im sure was at all the shows.......Sold me on it, complete new outfit

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you tried the Klim gear in tall sizes??? The men's gear also comes in an XS and fits very small... I am 5'5" 120 lbs and I wear a small men's pant in regular length. The tall sizes are insanely tall, like for over 6' people.

Most of the tall stuff doesn't come in extra small in mens sizes, which is what I need. The mens tall is still very boxy anyway.

Why can't they make clothes for a women's figure in tall lengths?? It's ridiculous really. Not everyone is 5'7" or under. I'm not giraffe tall, and most womens clothes don't fit me. Even maternity clothes were a problem. It's very frustrating. And no, I don't sew.

I did speak to the Motofist company at the Sledshow and they claim they can make me pants with a 37" inseam in a womens small. I will be a happy happy girl when I see that day :)

woodym7

Reaction score
Talked to the owner he is awesome and im sure he would said he would mail me a hoodie since i bought so much gear guess what he did.....give hima try and sorry but 37" inseam wow.......is this my wife she is the only other woman i know of with that exact same problem

Most of the tall stuff doesn't come in extra small in mens sizes, which is what I need. The mens tall is still very boxy anyway.

Why can't they make clothes for a women's figure in tall lengths?? It's ridiculous really. Not everyone is 5'7" or under. I'm not giraffe tall, and most womens clothes don't fit me. Even maternity clothes were a problem. It's very frustrating. And no, I don't sew.

I did speak to the Motofist company at the Sledshow and they claim they can make me pants with a 37" inseam in a womens small. I will be a happy happy girl when I see that day :)

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know how you feel Mamma... I think every woman has a problem with fit, whether they are 6'3 or 5'5... Men's sizes aren't even an option for me, since they don't make them small enough, and don't even get me started on boots and gloves!!!

I've met you (Amy E. here), and you're not built weird. I just think the clothing companies don't see a women's market yet.... Hopefully one day they will :)

All we ask for is clothes that fit every imaginable body type, and evry imaginable taste and style... Is that too much to ask really????

Top Bottom