It's going to be a great season!

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a proud father I had to post this. I gave my daughter her first sled this weekend (2002 120 XC SP). I tried to keep it a secret until the snow but I just couldn't do it. She had fun ripping up some turf. The smile on my 5 year old's face is priceless. I can't wait to take her out on the snow.:beer:
s00087.JPG

s00091.JPG
s00090.JPG

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good work Dad !! Was in your shoes not that long ago :) Now they are 13 and 17. Save your $$ because before you know it she will need a bigger sled :cool:

For some reason I don't mind shopping for sleds. :) She's all geared up for the sled show too. She's hoping to talk to Krazy Canadian again this year.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For some reason I don't mind shopping for sleds. :) She's all geared up for the sled show too. She's hoping to talk to Krazy Canadian again this year.

Make sure you bring her by to visit the Betties... Momma has something special for her. :)
Congratulations. Having 4 little ones (or not so little 9, 11, 13 and 15) nothing warms the heart more than sharing the activities you love with your family. Awesome!

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you're that excited about doing something for your kid, dam hard to keep it a secret! Good on ya...that's great!

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She looks thrilled, what mods are yah doing to it?

lol I've been looking into long track kits, but the custom track is a bit pricy. Haven't found a turbo kit yet...:cool:

Before my daughter drove it I told her that I hadn't adjusted the governor yet so it might be a bit fast. After she told me "Keep it fast daddy". So freakin cute!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike! Glad to see you raising her up right!! The BETTIES will be looking for fresh recruits :p We have 2 little ones that are also rippin' on the 120's... every day is one day closer to my dream of carving across a sun-kissed meadow with my three girls beside me!! Are you going to Rasmussen this year or headed out McBride way at all? We moved to BC, so we are 2 hours from there. Jer and I would love to meet up for a ride again sometime...

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi! I don't think I'm going to make the Rasmussen this year but I'm still thinking about it. Sure was fun last year. Really pushed myself. I'm certain I'll be in McBride again this season. Hopefully a couple of times. Going riding again would be great. I'll be bringing my daughter by the Betties booth at the show so she can get some inspiration.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think I will do Rasmussen this year either. I am still trying to do the things he showed me last year!!! It was super cool to meet him tho and amazing to see such an amazing rider :) Something to aspire to over the next 50 years!! For sure if you are up our way, let us know and we will zip down for a rip and a sip at the Gigglin Grizzly...

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh my Mike she is just too cute! it is such a joy to see our kids love what we love to do. Mine is 10 and she loves to ride!

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's so awesome Mike! I told my little guy that you bought your daughter a sled and he just smiled and said, when can I go ride with her!!! Lol

You'll have a pic like this of her first stuck!

Attachments

• Home 007.jpg
    Home 007.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 89

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's so awesome Mike! I told my little guy that you bought your daughter a sled and he just smiled and said, when can I go ride with her!!! Lol

You'll have a pic like this of her first stuck!

Awesome Ron! Can't wait to get the kids together. Definitely strapping the helmet cam to them. Call it "Schooled - Preschool Edition".

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
way to go man i remember when my dad got me my first sled, and now he just helped me get a 2011 nytro mtx se 153 you cant go wrong by getting into sledding

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
way to go man i remember when my dad got me my first sled, and now he just helped me get a 2011 nytro mtx se 153 you cant go wrong by getting into sledding

Well said. I remember riding my first sled. A 1976 Polaris Colt 250 SS. I was probably about 8 or 9. No one could pry me off that thing.

Top Bottom