How is your sled season going

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been a good season, only been riding one day of each set off. But I do get to go out and stay where there is no cell service and it's so relaxing. I will probably get to ride at least a couple days each set off now till the end of season. Then spring my viper will go from a 190 kit to a boost it high output for the coming season.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledin has been good about 25 rides in now been good snow all season minimal breakdowns . My 2 sons that are 12 and 13 years old Have been ripping it up . Having to maintain 3 sleds keeps me busy . Happy sledin.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been vey slow, 3 days in the mountains, and 5 rides around whitecourt swan hills, was hurt for the first two months with a broken wrist and bummed elbow, hoping to get another 4-5 days in the hills and maybe a couple more at home

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worst season in 35 years of riding. I have 0 miles. Had 4 different multiday trips cancelled, all for good reasons. We had brutal conditions locally, only enough for my little guys to go out.
Worst season prior to this was 723 miles. My sled never went ou lt of summerization mode.

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was that you I met last Saturday in the Eagles cabin?

My season has been slower than past ones. Oldest son working shift work making it more difficult to match up with my schedule and my youngest’s. Lots of sled down time for my boys. Just a weird year. Hoping next year is back on track.

No it wasn't.
Would be great to start meeting some of you guys though.

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been a great year I got my 10year old his own machine and he’s doing awesome it’s great having him to go with when everybody else is busy we can still go. So far I’ve started in November at the bung bung and just keep ripping did mountain mania as well. Next weekend will be sled fest in Valemount then the following weekend is grizzly lodge. I Also got a spot at chatter creek to end the season. Been excellent snow this year 97B1A09C-4ECA-407C-AF69-81D6BFA641BF.jpg 49FD8F36-0A8E-453D-8B71-E06B91B72A39.jpg 066165C7-1ABA-4013-8362-22341F579ED6.jpeg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I experienced for the very first time the need to use a snorkel. That made my season!! I'm way down in days but it was my choice. Basement is looking sweet, the wife is happy, and once we get a handle on the flooring, I'll get a few more days in. The sleds ran great and I look forward to get up top to see the mountain tops in the near future. The only regret I have is that I should have moved out here 5-10 years ago!!
Oh sure, copy cat lol

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worst season to date for me. Dad passed away early December. Got 2 trips in January but second one was cut short as tore my right calf muscle on Boulder. Done for the year.
Ken, my condolences on the passing of your Dad. Sucks to hear about the end of your season too!

We had an expensive start to the season with a ripped track and heli ride out for my oldest son. Then it just kept on getting better an better with lots of days riding fresh untouched in new zones with boys and good sled buddies! 39 days in so far...

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken, my condolences on the passing of your Dad. Sucks to hear about the end of your season too!

We had an expensive start to the season with a ripped track and heli ride out for my oldest son. Then it just kept on getting better an better with lots of days riding fresh untouched in new zones with boys and good sled buddies! 39 days in so far...

Sounds like it’s ending expensive too Jim!! Damn new sleds.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
15 very selective rides this year ... I have to say great snow every ride and quality time with my buds , that is priceless. looking forward to the ride again at grizz that will be the cherry on top.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine hasn't been very good either. My father passed away in January then my mother passed away in February. They say this happens sometimes with couples when one spouse passes but they had actually been divorced for over 30 years. Then, I registered our sleds on a Saturday and went for a ride on that Sunday. I had an appointment with my shoulder surgeon on the following Monday. I had already been waiting for a year and a half so figured I'd have a good wait yet before surgery after seeing the surgeon. I was in for surgery about a week after the appointment with the surgeon. I'm done for sledding this winter but if I'm a good boy and everything goes well I should be able to get on the bike for some good rides this summer.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine hasn't been very good either. My father passed away in January then my mother passed away in February. They say this happens sometimes with couples when one spouse passes but they had actually been divorced for over 30 years. Then, I registered our sleds on a Saturday and went for a ride on that Sunday. I had an appointment with my shoulder surgeon on the following Monday. I had already been waiting for a year and a half so figured I'd have a good wait yet before surgery after seeing the surgeon. I was in for surgery about a week after the appointment with the surgeon. I'm done for sledding this winter but if I'm a good boy and everything goes well I should be able to get on the bike for some good rides this summer.

Sorry to here about that! My condolences to you and your family!

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:( sorry for your loss man

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bit of a struggle getting back into things after the incident at the races last year but all things considering its Been a great season so far, Just broke 35 days, Havent broke anything. Rode deep snow every single ride, even had some bluebird days. Over 1500km on my XRS and 1100km on The 850T. Burned a pile of oil and fuel its been fun

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My seasons been good, been out almost every weekend, sled needed a rebuild after three rides but that’s just how she goes. It was down during our cold spell so that was alright

Then I was chasing an electrical issue, vr and tps adjusted now she runs mint...going in for a turbo this weekend :D

What I’ve been thinking for a while now is to get another pro for a spare/my dad to ride with me. He’s the one who originally got me into the sport and reading the posts of parents passing has got me to thinking I need to do this ASAP ride with him or just hangout with him more on weekends in general.

Top Bottom