How is your sled season going

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For years now my sledding seasons have been going downhill in regard to the amount of days I ride. Then this season with some life altering changes happening, I have ridden a lot more. The season sure isn't over yet, and I have ridden 40 days already, can't remember the last time I rode 40 days in an entire season, forget by mid March. I want to thank my youngest daughter for being my faithful and trustworthy riding partner who has gone with me every day. Her youthfulness and energy are inspiring, she can shovel with the best of them to help this old man out when i get stuck. She lugs gear and gas cans, ties them down, loads and unloads more than I do nowadays. She is better than me with technology, so if I get a little lost she in minutes has her gps out and is getting us back on course. Her antics make me laugh, and if I ever have to be stranded for a few nights on a mountain, I know that I couldn't find a better person to be cold and hungry with.
I am blessed!

How is your season going?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worst season to date for me. Dad passed away early December. Got 2 trips in January but second one was cut short as tore my right calf muscle on Boulder. Done for the year.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This year and last year have been our best! And it wasn’t expected but great late snow and investments and free time have been getting us the km we want without too much breakage......good to hear your kid is really into it I hope that for mine when she grows up!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got out for 2weeks at Christmas.

rode a few times on the lake, sled blew up.

I used to ride 100+ days a year, so feels like I don't even ride anymore.

kinda needed a break to be honest. I think I have a few more 100day seasons in me yet though.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure on days but about 550 miles so far. Better than the last 2 years but still a lot less than before my son was born. Spending a lot more family time on weekends now and really enjoy that too.

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got 12 days out West this season and a few days around Whitecourt (800ish miles) which is pretty decent for me. Got pretty tired of putting $300 into my sled every time I rode it especially on top of the $3000 engine last season. So I sold it on Friday. Will be on some newer iron for next season when I find the right deal on an 850 Polaris

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For years now my sledding seasons have been going downhill in regard to the amount of days I ride. Then this season with some life altering changes happening, I have ridden a lot more. The season sure isn't over yet, and I have ridden 40 days already, can't remember the last time I rode 40 days in an entire season, forget by mid March. I want to thank my youngest daughter for being my faithful and trustworthy riding partner who has gone with me every day. Her youthfulness and energy are inspiring, she can shovel with the best of them to help this old man out when i get stuck. She lugs gear and gas cans, ties them down, loads and unloads more than I do nowadays. She is better than me with technology, so if I get a little lost she in minutes has her gps out and is getting us back on course. Her antics make me laugh, and if I ever have to be stranded for a few nights on a mountain, I know that I couldn't find a better person to be cold and hungry with.
I am blessed!

How is your season going?

Was that you I met last Saturday in the Eagles cabin?

My season has been slower than past ones. Oldest son working shift work making it more difficult to match up with my schedule and my youngest’s. Lots of sled down time for my boys. Just a weird year. Hoping next year is back on track.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been good. Expensive but good.

Did 2 days in Valemount in Nov. 1st day took out my cooler with a rock.

Dec I did 7 days between Valemount and McBride

January I did 6 days between Valemount and McBride

February I did 3 days Valemount 3 days Sicamous and 1 day whitecourt.

March ran the golden triangle
And leaving for Valemount tonight for 2 days.

Probably be the end of my season. Financially I spent more then I made each month. Time to curb the spending.

Looks like 25 days in the seat this season.

sleded1

Reaction score
Great season, switched from Polaris to Skidoo mid year, got about 700 km on the new sled, then broke my arm about 2 weeks ago.. so season is " on pause" until mabye mid april. and then go for some mountain touring time in the spring snow. Cruising around home with one arm now, just to get some seat time in.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worst season to date for me. Dad passed away early December. Got 2 trips in January but second one was cut short as tore my right calf muscle on Boulder. Done for the year.

Very sorry to hear about your Dad, snopro. Been there. Let me know if you want to chill over a beer sometime. Cheers man

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I experienced for the very first time the need to use a snorkel. That made my season!! I'm way down in days but it was my choice. Basement is looking sweet, the wife is happy, and once we get a handle on the flooring, I'll get a few more days in. The sleds ran great and I look forward to get up top to see the mountain tops in the near future. The only regret I have is that I should have moved out here 5-10 years ago!!

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven’t ridden as much as I’d like to, and I’ve broken something pretty much every ti e I’ve been out. Had a couple low snow days, but the last time I went out was great snow and the most fuel I’ve burned in a loooong time!

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't sled much this year either , Trying to obey Truedopes Gospel and not emit pollution and kill trees !;) "NOT" Braaap !

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your loss Ken.

My season sucks so far. Out once beginning of Dec, but hopefully get out once more, but I'm running out of time.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven’t ridden as much as I’d like to, and I’ve broken something pretty much every ti e I’ve been out. Had a couple low snow days, but the last time I went out was great snow and the most fuel I’ve burned in a loooong time!

Your always busting **** !:nono:

Top Bottom