Is man made climate change real?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well for starters Brooks is 15000KW and nelson is 60KW so there is a huge scale advantage (Brooks is 250x larger). As well as a better location for more hours of sunlight.

Well did you get a chance to look at Brooks so called 250x larger facility for TNG today?

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cmon you guys gotta get with the latest catch phrases, we have long gone past global warming to climate change then climate crisis and now the latest greatest punch line is climate rebellion. STAY TUNED

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Re: Is man' made climate change real?

Are you figuring storage into your calculations? I'm not that educated on power generation but to me, batteries are the biggest issue around solar and wind. Coal,gas and hydro are supply on demand. Solar and wind rely on mother nature and require storage. We are long way from getting rid of ICE vehicles. And filling every basement with batteries isn't really feasible. The way technology is advancing though, I'm sure something better is going to show up soon. What's wrong with nuclear?
What was this thread about again? O ya. Humanity may contribute a bit to climate change. But a very small amount. And this girl inciting panic is just a pawn in a globalist agenda. Chicken little.
I'll ask again. What's wrong with nuclear?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
So all these new taxes on the way got me thinking, we have not yet seen any concrete evidence from our government that we humans are indeed responsible for climate change.

So....

1. Do you believe climate change is something man is responsible for.

2. Do you feel that a tax on CO2 emissions is gonna reverse the effects of climate change?

3. Where is the definitive scientific evidence?

1.If we are it's a very small amount.
2.Most definitely not.
3. I haven't seen it.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Fusion energy is the future. Clean, unlimited and safe. They'll have a working model within 10 years

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well did you get a chance to look at Brooks so called 250x larger facility for TNG today?

No I did not. But you don’t go by one day. It’s an average over the year. Not aware of a website that shows Brooks daily generation. Just the website that shows the instantaneous number.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

so i wonder why her parents are subjecting this young girl to the world stage, is there money involved? and or who is footing the bill?

I thought she put it on a little thick with the how dare you speech and expressions. She seems ambitious and wants to be heard which I think ambition is lacking in kids her age these days so good for her on that, but somewhere some Y2Y group is no doubt spending some money on her.

I agree, but her focus should be on her schooling, maybe she’s being misguided by the wrong mentor?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lets say that all this climate change is indeed a hoax. They bamboozled the dumbest 80% of the population into believing it.
The year is 2024 and you are building a power plant. It is cheaper to build a solar or wind farm than it is to build a gas plant for the same MWh produced annually.
What do you do?

Which one would give the most consistent power for longer, and have a smaller footprint?

The UK is building a new nuclear power plant, right now.
I guess they thought it was a better investment.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I did not. But you don’t go by one day. It’s an average over the year. Not aware of a website that shows Brooks daily generation. Just the website that shows the instantaneous number.

Well here you go, just encase you want to know the real stats. It would be under "other" for power generation. TNG would be the actual generation. Just encase you don't go there the TNG for today would be 0

http://ets.aeso.ca/ets_web/ip/Market/Reports/CSDReportServlet

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Untitled.jpg

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
“To that snotty nosed kid that read her speech out at the United Nations the other day. Don’t you dare put the blame on the older generations. We realise that you’re backed by the professional anti whatever is in fashion people, but sit back and do a bit of research little girl.
It’s hilarious, all these school kids preaching to us oldies that we buggered up the planet! Back in the 60’s and 70’s not a plastic bottle to be seen it was all glass that were reused, pop bottles taken back to the shop. No plastic bags, loose food was brown paper bags, all sweets were bought in 1/4lb put in a paper bag. Mothers used shopping trolleys to carry heavy stuff or used a linen bag. You walked to school from 5yo to 16yo not jumping into mummy’s 4+4. No Woolworths, Coles, McDonald’s or Burger King giving away plastic toys to grab the almighty dollar, no polystyrene food boxes for you to litter the streets with, we had used newspapers to wrap our hot food in. Our milk was delivered at 5 am 7 days a week, if we weren’t raised on a farm. Holidays here in Australia were taken locally and we were lucky if we got to go on an aeroplane to far off destinations. So I think these youngsters need to take a look in a recycled mirror and think was it my wasteful generation who are ****ing up the planet.... feel free to copy and paste. This is written by a friend of mine “

Someone else posted this and thought I would share .

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

8:03 pm. That's correct. Solar modules do not make electricity in the dark.

So when you look at this table you have to understand the difference between instantaneous power and power over time.
MC column indicates the maximum possible energy generation.
TNG column indicates the instantaneous energy output of that system.

So essentially the TNG will follow the solar intensity curve for the day, peaking at solar noon.

When talking about electricity it's important to understand the difference between an instantaneous power value (KW) and a power over time (kWh).
The best way I could explain it is if you were driving a car and you said during a 1 hour trip, how fast are we going at this exact moment? (this would be KW)
Same 1 hour trip at the end of the 1 hour you said, how much distance did we travel in total? (kWh)

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets do it today at what ever time you want it is at 1 right now. As long as you start looking at the power coming from them is all that matters. At 1pm alberta time the sun will be at the highest it is going to be for brooks alberta. If i can remember at 12 bc time i will post those numbers. If not someone else can. Fact not fiction is the theme for the day.

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
1.if we are it's a very small amount.
2.most definitely not.
3. I haven't seen it.

actually #2 ... If you tax fuel etc hard enough, everyone will attempt to cut down on gasoline, for example to the point where we'd only drive when necessary, and luxuries like: Motorbikes/sleds/quads/collector cars/older hard on gas vehicles, would all be basically phased out except for the elite rich..... New world order, on it's way, brought to you by truedope and the un

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't get away from the media of these eco-protests that now will overtake any other election concerns. I keep saying to myself why is it that everybody points fingers and blames everyone else and why are these eco-protesters only blaming and hanging the responsibility of climate on governments and corporations and not on the population that they are part of?? They fail to offer up any clear answers to how to fix the problems they see. No-body dares talk about how they will give up their luxuries to save the planet. Will they stop driving? Will they stop vacationing? Will they stop heating their homes? And no you can't switch over to burning wood or electricity from fossil fuels either! I bet I would sympathize and feel more compelled to jump on the band wagon if I actually heard Suzuki tell his audience that he will no longer fly in a plane, drive in a car, heat his home or buy his groceries from a store etc. We need leadership, not criticism and blame. And yes he would have to be transparent and go to the extremes in "luxury sacrifice" in order to get his point across. I would actually have to feel bad for him before I could believe he is serious about the planet rather than making money from the hype.

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets do it today at what ever time you want it is at 1 right now. As long as you start looking at the power coming from them is all that matters. At 1pm alberta time the sun will be at the highest it is going to be for brooks alberta. If i can remember at 12 bc time i will post those numbers. If not someone else can. Fact not fiction is the theme for the day.

You would use a single cloudy in the end of September to be the equivalent for the whole year. Why not use the total generation for the year and not cherry picking data that confirms your beliefs?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Sure. If you believe that Co2 controls the climate.
actually #2 ... If you tax fuel etc hard enough, everyone will attempt to cut down on gasoline, for example to the point where we'd only drive when necessary, and luxuries like: Motorbikes/sleds/quads/collector cars/older hard on gas vehicles, would all be basically phased out except for the elite rich..... New world order, on it's way, brought to you by truedope and the un

Top Bottom