Re: Is man' made climate change real?

repost from another thread:

FB_IMG_1569409542621.jpg

haha

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

so i wonder why her parents are subjecting this young girl to the world stage, is there money involved? and or who is footing the bill?

I thought she put it on a little thick with the how dare you speech and expressions. She seems ambitious and wants to be heard which I think ambition is lacking in kids her age these days so good for her on that, but somewhere some Y2Y group is no doubt spending some money on her.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

so i wonder why her parents are subjecting this young girl to the world stage, is there money involved? and or who is footing the bill?

I thought she put it on a little thick with the how dare you speech and expressions. She seems ambitious and wants to be heard which I think ambition is lacking in kids her age these days so good for her on that, but somewhere some Y2Y group is no doubt spending some money on her.

totally agree. Wish more simpletons would open their eyes and see what the world is turning into...NWO, scares the **** outta me

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lets say that all this climate change is indeed a hoax. They bamboozled the dumbest 80% of the population into believing it.
The year is 2024 and you are building a power plant. It is cheaper to build a solar or wind farm than it is to build a gas plant for the same MWh produced annually.
What do you do?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good thing Alberta keeps stats for their solar and wind plants right now, of coarse the true costs to build those plants are hidden from the public for embarrassment reason. Hopefully they do not start hiding the stats of the true output. There is not one person that is in charge of power would not invest in the greenest for the cheapest right now. Just lies after lies need to be exposed and stopped.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good thing Alberta keeps stats for their solar and wind plants right now, of coarse the true costs to build those plants are hidden from the public for embarrassment reason. Hopefully they do not start hiding the stats of the true output. There is not one person that is in charge of power would not invest in the greenest for the cheapest right now. Just lies after lies need to be exposed and stopped.

Ok so if it doesn't pay for itself in the first 2 years it must be a scam right?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Better check to see how long they last and how much power they actually produce over their life time . Do it with an open mind not a greeny fairytale vision. The with that open mind calculate how much co2 it takes to build them start to finish and have them running for 100 years. Seeing how you are concern with Carbon foot print.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Better check to see how long they last and how much power they actually produce over their life time . Do it with an open mind not a greeny fairytale vision. The with that open mind calculate how much co2 it takes to build them start to finish and have them running for 100 years. Seeing how you are concern with Carbon foot print.

HAHA, you think that a solar module generates co2 while it is running?

400 MW, 100,000 homes. No government subsidies.

https://globalnews.ca/video/rd/05cc2c97-da4b-11e9-be75-0242ac110002/?jwsource=cl

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lets say that all this climate change is indeed a hoax. They bamboozled the dumbest 80% of the population into believing it.
The year is 2024 and you are building a power plant. It is cheaper to build a solar or wind farm than it is to build a gas plant for the same MWh produced annually.
What do you do?

Well first you look back at projects with the same goal, then gauge the success and long term sustainability they’ve achieved . Considering , location , weather patterns, cost of delivering your final product, production costs, labour costs, material costs, time expectation for investment recovery, long term maintenance expectation, marketability of entire project in future, government programs or subsidies available, and i’m Sure other factors.
Unless, you feel the need to go wind or solar to save the planet, then you’d have to turn a blind eye to results of similar past projects .

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

HAHA, you think that a solar module generates co2 while it is running?

400 MW, 100,000 homes. No government subsidies.

https://globalnews.ca/video/rd/05cc2c97-da4b-11e9-be75-0242ac110002/?jwsource=cl

We have a solar plant operating in Nelson for years already. Not a lot of happy campers over that one. But good for them hopefully they have to pay for everything like nelson taxpayers do. I will have to commend nelson on their stats for the output though. A dam has clean power and it actually produces power.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well first you look back at projects with the same goal, then gauge the success and long term sustainability they’ve achieved . Considering , location , weather patterns, cost of delivering your final product, production costs, labour costs, material costs, time expectation for investment recovery, long term maintenance expectation, marketability of entire project in future, government programs or subsidies available, and i’m Sure other factors.
Unless, you feel the need to go wind or solar to save the planet, then you’d have to turn a blind eye to results of similar past projects .

In terms of just raw numbers. Solar becomes cheaper than gas per MWh produced. I'm going to say that labour and maintenance on solar will be far less than natural gas. Also your input for solar panels is delivered for free every day to your location. Do you still go ahead and build the natural gas facility?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

In terms of just raw numbers. Solar becomes cheaper than gas per MWh produced. I'm going to say that labour and maintenance on solar will be far less than natural gas. Also your input for solar panels is delivered for free every day to your location. Do you still go ahead and build the natural gas facility?

So you’ve eliminated wind already ?

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The bitter truth come out in Nelson-

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We have a solar plant operating in Nelson for years already. Not a lot of happy campers over that one. But good for them hopefully they have to pay for everything like nelson taxpayers do. I will have to commend nelson on their stats for the output though. A dam has clean power and it actually produces power.

That is a small array and honestly I don't think Nelson is the greatest location if you're trying to maximize the ROI. I would be absolutely shocked if it didn't pay for itself in 15-20 years though.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

A 10kw solar array in Lethbridge will generate roughly 15% more electricity than the same sized array in Nelson. So location is a big factor. Do you have the total cost of the Nelson solar project? I believe it was a 60KW if it is the same one I'm looking at.

Top Bottom