Is man made climate change real?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're mixing up millions and billions in your reference to volcanoes. According to your USGS source human related CO2 emissions are 120 times higher than volcanic related emissions.

Lol, ooops. I was trying to summarize a point I saw in a paper some time ago and grabbed those stats without looking too closely at them. Now I can't seem to recall the basis of the argument for the life of me. ...either that or I can't find the data upon which the statement was originally made.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
plants still produce the most valubale resource from co2
O2.... so we don't want to suck all the co2 out of the atmosphere for carbon fiber sleds. need to leave some for the trees.

air sure is fresh here in fernie bc with all the beautiful carbon sucking trees around.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I strongly oppose the climate change alarmists, but this isn't the greatest argument. Sure Canada produces less than 1% of the world's CO2 emissions, but we have only 0.48% of the world's population making us pretty high emitter when you look at it per capita.

depends on how you look at it, how much of the worlds energy, raw materials etc do we supply per capita, how much forest, fresh water etc can we supply per capita,

i don't agree co2 is a pollution, it is a natural product found in almost every element on earth. global warming as a climate emergency i don't think so, from what i understand we are headed to a cooling off period on earth! once these solar flares calm down.

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the temperature of the earth should be? Maybe we are just getting back to where we are supposed to be after the last ice age. Maybe it’s supposed to even be hotter?

The earth is not warming as fast as the other planets, not sure why, but man must have something to do with slowing the actual warming. Of coarse we are never going to know the truth because the IPCC refuses to recognise the sun as a factor in the equation. Unless it fits into the CO2 rip off scheme. Remove the money and the truth will surface. Until then the sky is falling, fear mongering to fleece the people.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 63117225-EE45-4769-825C-B0B24B3192D0.jpeg
    63117225-EE45-4769-825C-B0B24B3192D0.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 106

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To all the school kids going on 'strike' for Climate Change:
You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom.
You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised.
You spend all day and night on electronic devices.
More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke local roads and worsen rush hour traffic.
You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and update perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy,
Your entertainment comes from electric devices.
Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration, which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.
The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.
How about this...
Tell your teachers to switch off the air-con.
Walk or ride to school. Switch off your devices and read a book.
Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured fast food.
No, none of this will happen because you are selfish, badly educated, virtue signalling little 'princesses', inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a 'noble cause' while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.
Wake up, grow up and learn to research facts and think for yourself and not blindly accept the words and thoughts of others - I don't think you formulated this action plan all by your self - suspect you may have had some influence and 'guidance' from those you trust ....a word of warning, be cautious of the influence of the 'left' because there may be a time in the future that you will be the ones left out...

Lots of people on here who this applies to methinks !

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To all the school kids going on 'strike' for Climate Change:
You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom.
You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised.
You spend all day and night on electronic devices.
More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke local roads and worsen rush hour traffic.
You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and update perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy,
Your entertainment comes from electric devices.
Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration, which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.
The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.
How about this...
Tell your teachers to switch off the air-con.
Walk or ride to school. Switch off your devices and read a book.
Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured fast food.
No, none of this will happen because you are selfish, badly educated, virtue signalling little 'princesses', inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a 'noble cause' while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.
Wake up, grow up and learn to research facts and think for yourself and not blindly accept the words and thoughts of others - I don't think you formulated this action plan all by your self - suspect you may have had some influence and 'guidance' from those you trust ....a word of warning, be cautious of the influence of the 'left' because there may be a time in the future that you will be the ones left out...

Lots of people on here who this applies to methinks !

Now I know you’re grasping at straws if you’re blaming children for everything that is wrong with the world.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now I know you’re grasping at straws if you’re blaming children for everything that is wrong with the world.

Kids are a product of their parents. You apparently didn’t read the last part of that. If the parents fill their kids heads with a bunch of idealist hypocritical crap that is contested by as many scientists as supported , while at the same time creating disadvantages economically for reasons of “global” health , you gotta think “hmmm”.
Like drive your kids to and from school , and spend the afternoon protesting fossil fuels. Or fly hundreds of “global saviours” in huge jets to afar away location to Promote and support wind power and reduction of fossil fuel use.
Especially in Canada, hell we could all disappear tomorrow from this country and the planet would hardly even notice our absence.
We all have our beliefs and opinions, I hope you enjoy your plug in car, it’s not my choice.

Reactions: win

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kids are a product of their parents. You apparently didn’t read the last part of that. If the parents fill their kids heads with a bunch of idealist hypocritical crap that is contested by as many scientists as supported , while at the same time creating disadvantages economically for reasons of “global” health , you gotta think “hmmm”.
Like drive your kids to and from school , and spend the afternoon protesting fossil fuels. Or fly hundreds of “global saviours” in huge jets to afar away location to Promote and support wind power and reduction of fossil fuel use.
Especially in Canada, hell we could all disappear tomorrow from this country and the planet would hardly even notice our absence.
We all have our beliefs and opinions, I hope you enjoy your plug in car, it’s not my choice.

So it's 50/50? I'm pretty sure it's more like 97/3.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[HIDE][/HIDE]
So it's 50/50? I'm pretty sure it's more like 97/3.

Unfortunately , but as usual, Follow the money. The percentage of “scientists/researchers that are funded to research “global warming ,( when that was found incorrect it changed to climate change) , i’ll Suggest to you will be exactly the same as those who tell us it’s an emergency. Been quite a few “scientists” and ex activists whose opinion seems to change when the income stops. Climate emergency is a huge industry for some very influential entities and people.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[HIDE][/HIDE]

Unfortunately , but as usual, Follow the money. The percentage of “scientists/researchers that are funded to research “global warming ,( when that was found incorrect it changed to climate change) , i’ll Suggest to you will be exactly the same as those who tell us it’s an emergency. Been quite a few “scientists” and ex activists whose opinion seems to change when the income stops. Climate emergency is a huge industry for some very influential entities and people.

Interesting. Do you have a link to a scientist that admitted to falsifying data or changing their mind because of fiscal reasons?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can seek them out if you,re interested. But here’s some reading for you if you’re interested.

Attachments

• 2BA95D78-F839-496C-ADAA-C8A31A777E2D.jpg
    2BA95D78-F839-496C-ADAA-C8A31A777E2D.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 80CECF67-DAC8-43D5-B264-279D96C32E92.jpg
    80CECF67-DAC8-43D5-B264-279D96C32E92.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 102
  • A61BABEF-8E6C-4968-8EA1-69AF2B92909F.jpg
    A61BABEF-8E6C-4968-8EA1-69AF2B92909F.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 11BA2E03-A0EA-4823-BF45-6172A2703842.jpg
    11BA2E03-A0EA-4823-BF45-6172A2703842.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 112
  • BA49EB37-EB3D-4E02-9ECE-095E23A07F6F.jpg
    BA49EB37-EB3D-4E02-9ECE-095E23A07F6F.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 8A797995-338B-4B34-B49E-1D2DCC793ABB.jpg
    8A797995-338B-4B34-B49E-1D2DCC793ABB.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 104
  • B58C3899-141B-451F-A268-88116FC3E5A5.jpg
    B58C3899-141B-451F-A268-88116FC3E5A5.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 107

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're mixing up millions and billions in your reference to volcanoes. According to your USGS source human related CO2 emissions are 120 times higher than volcanic related emissions.

I find that very hard to believe, volcanos have the ability to put us into another ice age.

Reactions: win
Top Bottom