Is Dealership yearly tune up worth the money?

John Cambell

Reaction score
What exactly does the dealer do for this fee? I do realize if I don't get the dealer to do the tune up, I should.... so im not taking about total neglect here........................ I was putting on a new suspension myself, so everything was torn apart...... I then realized how easy it is to change the oil at this point...... im replacing all parts that are worn etc....... is there anything else that is difficult that the dealer would do that I couldn't do?...........

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Other then an oil change there is nothing to tune on the Nytro.
Spark plugs will go 10,000+kms and valve set will run over 20,000kms on stockers.
The fuel system and ign is non servicable and ecu controled.

The only other preseason check for the engine is the battery, make sure its 100% or replace.

BTW make sure you read the owners manual before doing the oil change, there is a certain proceedure involved.

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
make sure you replace chaincase oil and adjust the chain, use synthetic gear oil

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep what Lund said.You should also check your bushings for your skis and a arms in the bulkhead.Ivused to wear these out every season till I bought some oilite bushings.
I'm not sure about oil changes on the Nytro but on the TApex it's a pain.Oil filter is in a bad spot....

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clutch side drive shaft bearing isnt the best in the yamahas....good idea to swap it out every 3-4000km

Top Bottom