is a firecat any good??

farmer4ever

Reaction score
Lots of my buddy's have had or still have F7's and they all love them. A few issues with the early diamond drive models but other than that they seem to of been fairly good sleds for them. I find the sno pro's pretty rough personally but if your really into hardcore ditchbangin I imagine they would be great. I love the orange ones! Maybe he can get a good deal on a Tony Stewart one because he's #14 now :d All in all not my brand of choice but if thats what he's after I think they are a pretty decent sled!

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 2 of them ...both 2003 F7's and they are a sweet sled. One is the Canadiana special and the other a green sno-pro....not that the color matters. Prior to these I had ZR's and you can't even compare the ZR to the F7. They soak up bumps and are made for ditch bangin...real nice trail sled as well....never ever had any issues with either of them other than the speedo on one unit...in 2003 they were not white face gauged and the illumination at low idle sucked. The other thing to look for is they did an upgrade to the steering for free on the linkage with a bolt-on billet piece to strengthen them....not sure of what year that was corrected but like I said...mine have been good and they rip....

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe 04's were considered some of the fastest. Cat had good mapping then.

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 03 f5 carbed no diamond drive i loven this sled only bitch i have is it uses a lot of oil

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
slomo i see you must still work for dons ,and yes i bitch about oil and pdi. :d

cattamer

Reaction score
thanks guys! i will tell him about what u guys said and i have heard about the oil consumption. whats the gas mileage like? hope its not a pig?

what year is the F7 if its the 03' F7 buy it, its the reason why cat came back out with the CF8R which is the crossfire racer short track buddy of mine hand one and look out and also go check out vids on utube:beer::)

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have owned my Firecat for years now, since new, and it has been the best sled I have ever had bar none. It is just Fun to ride... light, fast and suprisingly durable.... only one issue in 6000 plus kms, a weld on the pipe split at about 2500 kms.

A great sled and alot of trouble free sled trips so far... and it rips!!

Top Bottom