IOS 7 for iphone

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone switched over to it and regretted it? I am thinking of changing but not sure. What is the good and bad?

Dynamic

Reaction score
I'm on iphone 4 and it works fine for me. The battery doesn't seem to be any worse with my now almost 3 year old phone.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I kinda like the new iOS 7 update. It does eat the battery faster, but just go into settings, general, background app refresh and turn it off. That alone makes a huge difference in battery life. As well as turning off wifi and Bluetooth when not using it. That way the phone isn't wasting power by constantly searching for networks to join.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a new iPhone 5S since my old contract ended. It took a bit to get use to some of the new layout with version 7, but after a couple days I don't mind it at all. As mentioned, change a few of the settings and the battery life seems fine. I gave my old iPhone 4 to a family member - also updated to version 7, and it seems to be working well for them - over 3 years old now.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do like the new iOS better in fairness. A little easier on the eyes and easier to navigate .

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually find it faster on my 4s since the update and yes hard on battery if you don't change settings.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well maybe I will switch over. I have a 5. The ****ty thing is a person can't switch back once you have it. Bad enough I have to deal with windows 8 on my laptop. I don't want to deal with a crappy phone os too.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like the concept. but it makes my iphone 4 slow as balls. so much so i would like to drive over it with my truck today

Last edited:

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well maybe I will switch over. I have a 5. The ****ty thing is a person can't switch back once you have it. Bad enough I have to deal with windows 8 on my laptop. I don't want to deal with a crappy phone os too.

If you use your phone to actually make a lot of phone calls with, I would say stick with IO6. I use mine in a day to send maybe 10-15 texts, maybe several couple minutes phone calls and the odd email, and tapatalk a couple times and I get home with 40% left after a full charge. Maybe that is good compared to other phones, but it seems to drain fast. If you have a 4, definately pass I would say.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda like the new iOS 7 update. It does eat the battery faster, but just go into settings, general, background app refresh and turn it off. That alone makes a huge difference in battery life. As well as turning off wifi and Bluetooth when not using it. That way the phone isn't wasting power by constantly searching for networks to join.

This.

I don't notice mine using any more battery than ios6 did with background refresh off.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Downloaded it last night. Seems to work ok for me. Time will tell. Thanks guys

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like the concept. but it makes my iphone 4 slow as balls. so much so i would like to drive over it with my truck today

It's painfully slow on my iphone4! This update is making me question jumping ship to android.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Battery life sucks on an iPhone 5. IOS 7 is Very battery intensive.

You need to turn off the background app refresh and some notifications and location services. Then things improve drastically.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's really not a good choice for iPhone 4 owners. 4S is ok, and obviously 5 and 5S run well. Same with iPad. 3+ is good, but 2 not so much.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
updated the other day as I was not sure if I wanted to and really like some things. The new camera options with the panorama shot is wicked!!!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had it for a bit now and like it better. I don't notice any difference with battery life

Top Bottom