Interesting poll on Snowest forum

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well...my snowest subscription is up.and im not dropping 20 beans to see that pole. so thanks.

looks like there will be alot of ddissapointed sledders next season.

no pro ride or new cat will keep up with the new etec with stock 2.5 track 16 wide.

cant deny that fact as they are all similar HP and weight

Not trying to start anything here but 40lbs difference does not seem similar to me. I doubt that anyone will be disappointed with the the Pro, I could not be happier with mine. As for "keeping up" you are joking right? :d If you put a good rider any of the machines you are talking about I don't think any of them would have trouble keeping up to the other, notice I left Yamaha out because without a blower of some sort they can't keep up to anything. ;) I couldn't help myself :eek:

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not trying to start anything here but 40lbs difference does not seem similar to me. I doubt that anyone will be disappointed with the the Pro, I could not be happier with mine. As for "keeping up" you are joking right? :d If you put a good rider any of the machines you are talking about I don't think any of them would have trouble keeping up to the other, notice I left Yamaha out because without a blower of some sort they can't keep up to anything. ;) I couldn't help myself :eek:

Wouldn't you like a motor that will live longer boosted than your stocker :rolleyes: Boost is so much fun :d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i would bet if you put any of these new sleds on the scales ready to ride they would be very close in weight. within 15lbs.

as for the 2.5 track. its a whole new league compared to the stock series 5 or the powderclaw.

been doing alot of testing and comparing this season and there is no comparison.

my 2010 xp climbs 30%+ better than the pro with a lighter rider even.

im not making this up the people who have seen it are on this site.

yes with good riders all these sleds will do amazing things but the 2.5 track will take it that much further.

salbendidi

Reaction score
well...my snowest subscription is up.and im not dropping 20 beans to see that pole. so thanks.

no pro ride or new cat will keep up with the new etec with stock 2.5 track 16 wide.

true but after a few 100 miles and them fancy hallow lugs blow off it should be close..........:d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your right no one has any miles on the new hollow lug. but to tell you what i know they arent that hollow im not worried about it like i was when it was first released

salbendidi

Reaction score
from my experience the 2.5 is night and day from the stocker. its my next step wihout a doubt!! a quater inch goes a long way!

Captain Undies

Reaction score

according to sno west there will only be 13% dissapointed thats not alot)and that isnt a very large number to really care.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't say I'm too fond of the magazine either, but the forum has some interesting people.

Trench

I still think there is some good info over there. But I use an secret name over there so you guys will never find me.:d:d:beer:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
how about imdoo'n, bogger, Longarm, Mike09450948502, LHF, TheLonelyIsland, munhoez, scotts, Trashy, johnny_t, sledderglen, SBR, to name a few that also seem to be interesting.....just saying

WHEW......... I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA NAME ME.........:d:d

P.S. YOU FORGOT TO PUT YOUR NAME ON THE LIST;)

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I only race to the beer cooler and the hottub Maxwell. If you beat me to either one of those I'm upset. On the hill I'll get there........maybe. You gotta relax a bit and enjoy an azz kickin' when it comes your way.:d:d

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't you like a motor that will live longer boosted than your stocker :rolleyes: Boost is so much fun :d

Boost is fun there is no doubt but for the riding I like it just does not matter and I have yet to keep a sled long enough to need a new motor so I have no issue with the life of a 2 stroke. Everyone likes to do something different and thats what makes the sport so much fun, the thing is for the most part when I ride very few follow so I don't get to compare often nor do I really care that much, what I care about is how the sled feels to me and how much fun I have riding it. I have tried the XP and I would stop riding and move south if thats all I had to pick from. If you like what your riding thats all that matters. I never see anyone else unless I come out looking for them and I only do that when I have a newbie with me that can't cut it in the trees. As for the XP climbing 30% better than a Pro I have not laughed that hard in a long time, thanks Maxwell:) I have rode with guys that could not get out of a bowl and yet the same sled with another rider can get out with two guys on it so don't judge a sled by what you see, RIDE IT then buy it.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how about imdoo'n, bogger, Longarm, Mike09450948502, LHF, TheLonelyIsland, munhoez, scotts, Trashy, johnny_t, sledderglen, SBR, to name a few that also seem to be interesting.....just saying

We lost the most interesting............Snotty.:d

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boost is fun there is no doubt but for the riding I like it just does not matter and I have yet to keep a sled long enough to need a new motor so I have no issue with the life of a 2 stroke. Everyone likes to do something different and thats what makes the sport so much fun, the thing is for the most part when I ride very few follow so I don't get to compare often nor do I really care that much, what I care about is how the sled feels to me and how much fun I have riding it. I have tried the XP and I would stop riding and move south if thats all I had to pick from. If you like what your riding thats all that matters. I never see anyone else unless I come out looking for them and I only do that when I have a newbie with me that can't cut it in the trees. As for the XP climbing 30% better than a Pro I have not laughed that hard in a long time, thanks Maxwell:) I have rode with guys that could not get out of a bowl and yet the same sled with another rider can get out with two guys on it so don't judge a sled by what you see, RIDE IT then buy it.

I have to agree on this one, I find the Polaris much more fun to ride, followed closly by the Cat. I love stirring this pot, seems that some of the Doo guys are very insecure, 30% better? HaHaHa!

Trench:d

Top Bottom