Interco

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i ran 27 swamp lights for a while. the good :
mine measured a inch taller than stated.
the flat profile was nice in muskegg and in winter .
there better than mud light,

but mud bugg / xtr / 589 / zillas are all better tires

if your buying outlaws stay away from the 28, they were a horrible handing tire and the 28x10.5 were 1 inch shorter than the 28x12.5 , either go with 29.5 or 27 .

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run 29.5 outlaws on both my outlander and kingquad. They work awesome in the skeg and so do my buddies silverbacks on his rzr its just hard to compare as thhey are on a rzr. If you don't want so aggressive there is always the outlaw radials not the msts. Kevin at rapid revolutions usually has some there to check out. That's where I but all my tires and parts very fast and good pricing and always helpful.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure when you do the tires you do some clutch work as well. The Brutes will smoke a belt pretty good with big aggressive tires and no clutch kit. If you want I have a Dalton orange/blue primary and a red secondary I would part with for $10 each. The guys on Highlifter and Kawieriders say this is a good enough combo for the big Laws but I went with the full Dalton kit and just changed my primary as I didn't like the higher engagement on the Dalton primary.

Thanks for the help, we clutched my buddies Brute after he did the 28" Mudzilla's. How much was the full Dalton kit?

I run 29.5 outlaws on both my outlander and kingquad. They work awesome in the skeg and so do my buddies silverbacks on his rzr its just hard to compare as thhey are on a rzr. If you don't want so aggressive there is always the outlaw radials not the msts. Kevin at rapid revolutions usually has some there to check out. That's where I but all my tires and parts very fast and good pricing and always helpful.

I bought my last set of tires from Rapid, I plan to go back, great place!

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, we clutched my buddies Brute after he did the 28" Mudzilla's. How much was the full Dalton kit?

I think I paid around $375 or so for the full kit. I had just the springs and was having belt slipping issues so went to the full kit, only to find out all my belt issues were due to the CVT cover leaking.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I paid around $375 or so for the full kit. I had just the springs and was having belt slipping issues so went to the full kit, only to find out all my belt issues were due to the CVT cover leaking.

Ugh... Leaking cover... I know the feeling, biggest let down.

Try having that (under warranty) 5 weekends in a row. :mad:

So glad my cover doesn't leak on my Brute!! :d

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have silverbacks (30") on my XMR and i'm thinking about switching to outlaws, honestly i think they are a better tire for our kind of terrain here in AB the backs are nice but in wet skeg you gotta get some speed or else they just dig! Dry skeg they arent bad and same with soupy mud but the wet skeg, unless there is a bottom get some laws. Not the 28" though had those on a grizz and they sucked, worst handling tire ever. I hear the 29.5"s are good though so i would get those if i were you! I like my backs but i think the laws would give me just that bit more of an edge.

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea 29.5s ftw the dalton is a very nice kit but i have had no probs with belts with just my epi springs . 28 backs are also nice to have a friend with em seem to work good. i also if u need anything a hmf slip on that needs some tlc for 50 bucks and a moose bumper congrats on the brute

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea 29.5s ftw the dalton is a very nice kit but i have had no probs with belts with just my epi springs . 28 backs are also nice to have a friend with em seem to work good. i also if u need anything a hmf slip on that needs some tlc for 50 bucks and a moose bumper congrats on the brute

That is one sick Brute you have. I'm not sure about running 29.5's all the time, I'd like an aggressive tire for the mud, but not something too tall that makes ordinary rides a pain too.

I dunno, maybe I'm second guessing this based on what I've heard.. I've never owned a 30. How do you rate them and what is your riding conditions?

Thanks.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is one sick Brute you have. I'm not sure about running 29.5's all the time, I'd like an aggressive tire for the mud, but not something too tall that makes ordinary rides a pain too.

I dunno, maybe I'm second guessing this based on what I've heard.. I've never owned a 30. How do you rate them and what is your riding conditions?

Thanks.

I ride all conditions with the Laws on my Brute, trails, sand, snow and mud. They are a bit harder on the arms when trail riding but I go wherever everyone else goes and further. Logs are easier to get over with the Laws, the only down side is sidehilling but I am not a big fan of that in the first place. Also the sidehilling might be due to the lift and HD springs as well.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride all conditions with the Laws on my Brute, trails, sand, snow and mud. They are a bit harder on the arms when trail riding but I go wherever everyone else goes and further. Logs are easier to get over with the Laws, the only down side is sidehilling but I am not a big fan of that in the first place. Also the sidehilling might be due to the lift and HD springs as well.

I'll keep it in mind when tire shopping. I think I might opt for the MST's then, any objections?

Hey, if you want, you can send me a pic of that exhaust and what kind of TLC it needs. Off the top of my head I can't see it needing more than packing and a scotchbrite pad. I'll PM you my e-amil address. Thanks.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'll send you a PM on that pipe.

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MSTs aren't very good, go with the radials, much better tire and pull almost as hard as regular laws but a much smoother trail ride.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do Spacers off of a Can-Am fit to a Brute? Are the bolt patterns the same?

AT28x10-12 Mudzilla Maxxi - Edmonton ATV Parts, Trailers, Accessories For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton , Alberta Canada.

I've heard from Kevin at Rapid the Radials where garbage...? :confused:

Hmm, from everything I've read on grizzlycentral the Radials were great, saw some videos and he was getting through everything the laws were just a bit slower. Maybe Kevin knows best but I haven't heard anyone running MST's. Also, the outlaw 2.0 should be coming out in august or so... maybe wait? Not sure.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Different bolt pattern from can am to brute. I'm sure you won't like the MST if you didn't like your zillas. My buddy bought the MST 28s and only rode them once and got 29.5 outlaws. They are heavy and didn't pull throug the skeg very good. Go with 29.5 outlaws and you will bee glad you did. My girlfriend rides my king with all skinnies and has no problems on trails with them. She's only 110 pounds and about 5 foot 3. Most of the time in the skeg me and my buddies can't go where she goes mainly cause of the weight difference. I had 26 outlaws on the king before and since I put the 29.5s on and clutched it she has gone dam near anywhere she points it.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the sound of these 29.5 'Laws more and more.... :dance:

So now's my next question, what should I do? Skinny/wide or just skinnies all the way around?

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have all wides on my outlander and all skinnies on my king. Main reason is I like the floatation in the skeg for me as I'm over 200 pounds and I can rotate them from front to back as they wear. Also helps them fit on the king a little bit better being all skinnies. Its a tough call for you but you would probly like the skinny wide combo on your brute.

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you had EPS I'd probably say 12's all around, you can rotate and you get more flotation and it looks badass. But if you want an easier steering experience get 10/12

Top Bottom