Insurance HELP

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got off the phone with Capri insurance (they work with BCSF)

$576 for a year, all perils for a $17,000 sled, $500 deductible .. this includes a 35% discount (25% BCSF membership and 10% skidoo discount, i ch!t you not! she said those come with a immobilizer (dess key) so you get 10%.. sweet!)

wth??!! i just got 15K sled quote from them for around $760. i gotta call them in the morning and see whats up.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you were right by far the cheapest. 600$ for everything. Glad I made a few phone calls. got my pink card I'm ready to roll. Thanks guys
Talked to some folks from Slave Lake that thought that TD Meloche cheap insurance was the way to go......Until it came time for them to pay. I believe they finally got their money but it was way more hassle than other outfits like cooperators etc.

sylvanAssault

Reaction score
i was having the same issues this year with my vehicles being registered commercial. So to get around this my broker was some how able to get under my house insurance i believe with some tweaking saved me alot originally 2 sleds 1650 to 1800 a piece now both combined 1640..... get your broker to do some digging I have 7 policies so i was pressing and made her work a little harder!!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap these quotes are nuts!!! Alot are over and close to my truck insurance!! I carry 2mil liability on all my full coverage policies.
Maxwell have you tried cooperators?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pink Thunder Beth

Reaction score
A lot of it depends what you have with them for insurance. If you have all your lines with one company including your auto it's easier to get us brokers to work with your providers. From what I understood in Maxwells case was that he does not have any personal auto. A stand alone rec policy is a risk when you have nothing else. I use to do standalones with co-op when I was there. I think I wrote a dozen sleds last winter all standalone. Heck Kelly's sled is with co-op as well as the holiday trailer plus our life. So we are considered 3 lines with coop.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just renewed mine. Full comp coverage 200k liability 580 per year with Oasis on a 2012 Skidoo Summit X

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go TD as well. For my 10' RMK is about 350 a year with 2mil liability, collision and the rest, fire theft. That being said I have my truck, travel trailer, house, and quad with them. I've had good dealings with them.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it does seem low on the liability end. I will have to give them a call and see what the difference is to up it to a million at least.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you require $1 mil liability for riding on any crown land in Alberta.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I am with Primmum that now switched there name to TD. Two sleds 06 m7, 08 m1000, fire,theft, 1,000,000 liability. $241 a year for both. I have my house insurance and my 1978 dirt bike with them that i havnt rode in 3 years LOL.

hookedonboost

Reaction score
Have any of you wrote off a sled? I wrote off a m1100 last year, wondering what my insurance will be on the same sled.

Had a T-Nytro - requested $32K Insurance through Nordic (Intact), they requested an appraisal - it came back at $40k (Sled was only worth +- $30, so bought $40 of Insurance - Slave Lake Fire, Total Write Off - 1st offer was $19K - 4 months later - then talked to lawyer then their "Ombudsman" His offer was $26 - I Paid for $40 - so they deffinetly "work you" - Legalized crooks - watch what you sign

shaunster111

Reaction score
Had a T-Nytro - requested $32K Insurance through Nordic (Intact), they requested an appraisal - it came back at $40k (Sled was only worth +- $30, so bought $40 of Insurance - Slave Lake Fire, Total Write Off - 1st offer was $19K - 4 months later - then talked to lawyer then their "Ombudsman" His offer was $26 - I Paid for $40 - so they deffinetly "work you" - Legalized crooks - watch what you sign

Mine worked out pretty good, I paid 17 put 4 into it and got 18. And I sent them the bill for the chopper and they paid it too lol.

im just wondering what it's going to cost to insure the same sled with a few more goodies.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy a $100 car,,insure it,Then get the discount ??? or ask your boss to insure it under his policy ?
I use Millinium Insurance from Ft.Sask. $345.00 full coverage on my 3 older sleds ,they said a new sled would be $289.00 each

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey maxwell, did you get this done yet?
I have used Drayden for years for my sled and also my boat. They do have good programs for stand alone policies.
When I got my '13 this year, I again went back to them. For liabilty, fire/theft it was around $180 and yearly for everything including collision was $500ish.
I checked around and a lot of companies don't do stand alones. In fact, my main ins company doesn't do toys at all unless, I attached to my house policy, and the prices were out to lunch.
The only other that looked good was TD, and their rates and knowledge seemed pretty good.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok... who does stand alone Sled insurance with a turbo, TD meloche wont do it, or millenium... any ideas?

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
through capri based on 12000 value my renewal is 454 a year for full coverage, compared to 610 last yr for 18000 value full replacement, but i only get that for the first 2 years

Top Bottom