Installing tether

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up an 2007 m6 for my kid and wanna install a tether. Are these a plug and play thing. Or how hard are they to install. Would like to put them on all my machines. Where are these purchased. Sorry if this has been brought up before but couldn't find the thread. Thanks for any help

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you can get the plug and play ones for an '07, but I just get the $14 ones from Crappy Tire and splice 'em in. Each wire from the tether goes to one of the wires going to the key. Just use the squeeze em on inline splices and you're good to go. Eezy peezy.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed them on my 09 ' s. Very easy and quick to do. They came with the wires needed. Simply plug in the one you need.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have Polaris 04's but even they had a spot to tie into. You need to verify if you need a NO (normally open) or NC (normally closed) circuit.

Some kits here...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the OEM Cat one, super easy install, the wires should be there near the steering column, I think its brown and purple or something like that. There will be 2 with plugs wired onto them already

ajb1205

Reaction score
The AC tether kit is super easy to install...worth the few extra $$$ for sure. Why they arent factory installed is beyond me as well.

Top Bottom