Installing tether shut-down switch

Reaction score
does anybody know which wire to tap into with the shutdown switch? id like to do it after the connector to the hood so i can still take it off without having to undo the teather switch.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put my tether connection in the removable hood section, no issues and still can remove the hood.

bbecker17

Reaction score
My 2012 has a connector for the tether already wired in, just went to dealer bought a tether, plugged it in and mounted it beside headlight and bar warmer switches, the plug was in the black baggie thing by the overstructure

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like someone said, it just plugs into the empty harness plug under the hood. Mount the switch anywhere you want...

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mounted mine on the little plastic over the fuel tank, easy and works great. I would never ride with out it.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The plug is in the main harness baggie by the upper overstructure. I used 2 spade connectors to tie my Pro-Design tether to the OEM connector. I choose to mount my tether up high on the bars, seems to stay out of my way better like this.
consoleview_zpsb3ec004e.jpg

Shovelking780

Reaction score
So one doesn't put it in place of the key? That's we're I thought it needed to go even mentioned that at the dealer ( parts person) mind you but that's what they said. That makes me feel better about installing one, actually bought one but wasn't sure I would instal it because didn't want lose the key.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So one doesn't put it in place of the key? That's we're I thought it needed to go even mentioned that at the dealer ( parts person) mind you but that's what they said. That makes me feel better about installing one, actually bought one but wasn't sure I would instal it because didn't want lose the key.

No, you don't have to touch the key. Take your hood off and right between your over structure you will find a black bag with velcro holding it together. Inside you will find two plugs, a white one which is ACC. power with round plugs. And a black one with flat spade connectors. this black one is the one needed for your tether.

jockdoc

Reaction score
This is good. I rolled mine over onto the bars on the weekend and it started revving )-: I was scared!!! Oh the wonders of fuel injection!!

Reaction score
My 2012 has a connector for the tether already wired in, just went to dealer bought a tether, plugged it in and mounted it beside headlight and bar warmer switches, the plug was in the black baggie thing by the overstructure

Thanks! i found the plug in for it and took me 2 minutes to install, so happy i asked for help before i started tappin into wires and outsmarting myself lol

Reaction score
This is good. I rolled mine over onto the bars on the weekend and it started revving )-: I was scared!!! Oh the wonders of fuel injection!!

Yup heard of people getting sucked into the tunnel and loosing limbs by the track so the $35 was totally worth it.

05765scott

Reaction score
First pro I owned waitin for snow to try all I did was read the instructions threw them away because different colors, and plugged tether in series with the key plug and good to go. Did have to remove two wires in the five wire plug so
i could mount the tether harness in series

Top Bottom