Inherited 1995 dodge 2500 Cummins auto 4x4 sell it or keep it

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fix your 02. I have a 2nd gen and the new trucks sure look shiney but not having that payment sure is nice. Mine had full paint in 2011 and looks pretty good when it's cleaned up. 318k on it and the most work it's ever needed is a clutch, the body work was due to an outside dual blowing out and smashing the box up pretty bad. I'm in the process of re-wrapping the steering wheel, and putting in heated seats (one of those luxuries the new trucks have me craving). Got injectors and a turbo to put on in the spring so it'll tow like the new ones too.

ya... i bought mine used... 50k... no mud flaps got rust buiding on the rocker panels and inside the door on that little metal flap that returns from the outside... along that spot weld... i love the 02 and it a 6 speed which is nice... never towed big so im thinking like you if i do keep it it will last a long time... i had a lot of work done... fuel pump issues, front main seal and lots of u joints and ball joints but 1k here in there sure beats a new truck payment... know 2 boys with another boy on the way... cheap truck is nice to have... my wife wants to get into trials bikes as a family... sounds great but that just more coin out the door... she has an f150 super crew so we may keep that and sell all the dodges and get the dreaded mini van... the truck will only get used when we go camping or grandpa's cabin which is still in the family...

so anyone reading this... please give me sometime... a lot of decision making going on here... emotions are a little high over this truck...

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that's a gem with that low mileage and I assume no rust!! If I hadn't just sunk a fortune into a '12 last month I would have jumped on this like right now.

not a speck of rust... has bush scratches nothing major.. good cut wax would fix it... grand pa's cabin road was over grown... the wheel on it are after market 285/75/r16 new rubber

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep It! Sentimental value.

thought and still thinking about that... but i have an 02 and wife has a 2012 f150 xlt with only 15k on it... what to do.... the sentimental thing is making this a hard decision... i have 3 guys all wanna take it preatty much site unsean

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put me down as number 4 to buy it sight unseen!!!
If it was me I would keep it, the sentimental thing is worth more than the money IMO

Top Bottom