Info on avy bags

palerider57

Reaction score
First bag I got was n 2013.A BCA Float 22 Throttle Bag, because it had the rip cord on right shoulder strap. Not sure if id have the talent to go full throttle and take my let hand of bar to pull it when trying outrun an avalanche, but it makes me feel safer lol. Second bag was a BCA Float 32 for my boy. I wanted only one type of cylinder and thought more storage might be handy, but if you are not over 6 feet tall the top of bag will keep bumping the back of your helmet. He's 6'2" so it works for him. Had my next kid get addicted so bought a third bag, a BCA Float 22 again. Same cylinders for all so I can interchange, and now have one spare. The new 22 has several improvements, including enough room for a longer probe. Overall I felt the BCA was the best value, and my research indicates its effective if you need to deploy.

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
Any bag that works is better than no bag, start there. If you are buying new you get what you pay for. Key points:
*I vote for air cylinder over Nitrogen cylinder for a few reasons. Easier to get filled first of all, secondly I'd rather have a inflated bag of air around my head than nitrogen in case of puncture (slim chance)
* If you look closely at bag construction some entry level bags/ and expensive packs have a two piece design where the deployment bag is in a separate portion and the two parts are sewn together, I think this is a good place for pack failure should it get snagged. A one piece design where the shoulder straps are integrated into the pack she'll is superior.
* Having a large volume bag is not the answer. The more gear on your back the more cumbersome you become. Keep essentials on your back and your secondary items and tools on your sled.
* Have trama protection is a bonus and the Snowpulse protech vest is best provider of that. With armor inserted the vest acts as a good insulating layer as well as distributes your packs weight around your upper body more than a backpack would.

I recommend the Protech Vest when asked. And sell 10-1

Ride Safe!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
agreed on the air over nitrogen. the highmarks well start to slowly deflate after 15min giving you breathable air, even though 15min is getting close to times up

Top Bottom