In need of a plumbers advice!!

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I just got this new house, it has four toilets and all of them run, how do I fix them?????

They constantly run into the bowl and drain. Do I need new toilets or just internal parts??

I know nothing about plubbing so any advice would help, thnx.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I just got this new house, it has four toilets and all of them run, how do I fix them?????

They constantly run into the bowl and drain. Do I need new toilets or just internal parts??

open the lid to the tank, adjust your float too easy

sorry I'm not a plumber. I'm an electrician/ instrument mechanic

Last edited:

m8magic

Reaction score
yep just a float adjustment...flush and watch and make sure any float mechanism (arm,ball etc)is not hanging up anywhere...several differant type of floats..screw adjustment generally on all,a few newer ones have a stem/float height adjustment with collar lock that may have slipped...and some you can get away with bending an arm...and sometimes its not your float at all but is your flapper valve not sealing or not allowed to go down because chain to handle is to short or hanging up..if diaphram in float screwed well just change it...same as flapper

bearclaw

Reaction score

sounds like off to home hardware for new guts. weird all 4 at same time, thinking hard water and scale build up.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new flappers on the douglas valve ( you know the thingy that the flapper sits on) by the way no more pucks:nono: ( clorine or the blue ones in the tank) plays hvac on the rubber flappers

been plumbing for 30 yrs now also teach at sait:d

hope this helps:):):)

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All four seemed strange to me too, but one is so bad I shut off the water to it. I tried all the floats (screw adjust) and didn't seem to help.

The house was built in 2006 and don't know if this was going on since it was built or if it is relatively recent.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All four seemed strange to me too, but one is so bad I shut off the water to it. I tried all the floats (screw adjust) and didn't seem to help.

The house was built in 2006 and don't know if this was going on since it was built or if it is relatively recent.

post up some pics. If you post up a pic of a turd in the bowl, your on your own.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
post up some pics. If you post up a pic of a turd in the bowl, your on your own.

lol, Thnx for all the help I think I will try the "Dougles Vavle" route and see if that helps.

Its really annoying and I really want to stop it.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mach 123 on this site is a plumber up there in your neck of the woods

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry dude, can't add anymore than has already been stated. The only thing I know about plumbing is that water goes down, and chit stinks.

Top Bottom