Improperly, unfinished work by contractors.. GRRR

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back on topic of the steel building. My neigbor just went through the same deal. To busy to build it himself dint want to pay for the company to come do it so hired in 1/2 a dozen guys for cheap. Thats what he got. Bent & twisted panels, holes not linging up. Sat for most of the year & he just finally called the company & they had 2 guys come, tear it down, new panels and back up in 7 days.

I would tell your helpers to help take it down, pay them for that work only, and then put it up right. Do it yourself or get the proper people in.

boiler146

Reaction score
Wow

This is starting to get out of control.
I can relate 100% with this situation. DO NOT pay for work that was not completed to your satisfaction. I bought an older home and decided to gut and upgrade my whole top floor. I did one room myself with some help from friends and family (and a total slick electrian ... SLICK = GOOD) it took me a little over two months to finish this room being I work out of town. SO the GF and I decided to go with a contracter to complete the rest of the upstairs. The contracotr quoted me 10 days with a crew of five men to finish the remaing work. Very Long story short, I had to remud and tape, re paint, reset door frames and closets, cut new baseboards and hire another carpet puller to restrecth carpet. After 6 months from the contraters finish date we have finally finished. The work done was mediocre at best, I was not home when he got paid unfortunately GF not much of a tradesman LOL (not her fault) I cut my losses and completed the work myself but learned a valuable lesson in the process. DO NOT PAY for work that is not completed to your standards.
NOTE: The contractor has no idea that I felt his work below par, I called him and asked him to come to home becasue I need an invoice for tax purposes, that was two months ago my GF still calls him every couple weeks. LOL the guy knows he did a terrible job and wont come back!!!

Top Bottom