If you ride in BC please take this survey!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The provincial pass will still require you to buy a day pass to help support the club your riding at, but i would believe it would be at a discounted rate like the current system.

That is just not correct Mike. The PP is so that you, the rider, don't have to keep paying. You pay one provincial fee and ride all year. That's why you like this so much. It is much cheaper for you.

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is just not correct Mike. The PP is so that you, the rider, don't have to keep paying. You pay on provincial fee and ride all year. That's why you like this so much. It is much cheaper for you.

What's missing here is the proposal, why have they not at least put up a basic proposal so we can see for our self with the understanding it is just a draft.
I contacted the guy that was involved in this idea back in the early days via email given to me. I don't know if he sent any info to who ever at BCSF. I do know he never sent me any info when i asked with the idea of posting the original idea. But i also know he is in his late 60's or maybe early 70's now. I doubt he has anything to do with sled's now but i could be wrong. He might not even have the info. anymore, this is just what i was told.

BCSF needs to put up more info.
It is unfair in my opinion to slander BCSF for not even knowing the real intent or understanding it. Till then it is just unconstructive criticism at work.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I'll slander bcsf the hole time till they get with the there crap don't stink attitude, now from what I have heard from many

One thing that comes to mind is, I was told it was good to have one big voice ( just bcsf and not abc and bcsf) , but now I really feel it's like only having one government agency to choose and listen to, no matter what all public Joe votes

sent while drinking tea's

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's missing here is the proposal, why have they not at least put up a basic proposal so we can see for our self with the understanding it is just a draft.
I contacted the guy that was involved in this idea back in the early days via email given to me. I don't know if he sent any info to who ever at BCSF. I do know he never sent me any info when i asked with the idea of posting the original idea. But i also know he is in his late 60's or maybe early 70's now. I doubt he has anything to do with sled's now but i could be wrong. He might not even have the info. anymore, this is just what i was told.

It is unfair in my opinion to slander BCSF for not even knowing the real intent or understanding it. Till then it is just unconstructive criticism at work.
X2. Kind of why I posted the question earlier. What exactly is the proposal and how is it supposed to work?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Mike, join a club and go to the meetings. All the information (the proposal or draft) is available there. The draft and maybe even amendments have been sent to the club's executive. If you want to know what is going on and/or be involved in making change, get involved at the club level. Maybe you would like it so much you could get involved at the BCSF level.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Ride in Revy. I would like as much of my membership fee to go towards supporting the area I use. Not that I have anything against any other club's. I just feel as a user my fees should go where I ride. I like the current arrangement where a portion of my fees go to the BCSF.

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike, join a club and go to the meetings. All the information (the proposal or draft) is available there. The draft and maybe even amendments have been sent to the club's executive. If you want to know what is going on and/or be involved in making change, get involved at the club level. Maybe you would like it so much you could get involved at the BCSF level.

I'm not a member this year was all other years but this was not around then. Not riding so haven't purchase my season pass from Hunters Range. Waiting for surgery so no sledding. One reason i was hoping to see the draft.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Or someone (BCSF for example) could post the latest proposal here.......

I am not at the executive level any more but the draft is for them only at this point in time. When they get through hashing things out, I am sure it will be presented for perusal and amendments. In the meantime, a lot of misinformation is flying around and Donegal is probably busy working with the Provincial Directors and the Club Executives.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm not a member this year was all other years but this was not around then. Not riding so haven't purchase my season pass from Hunters Range. Waiting for surgery so no sledding. One reason i was hoping to see the draft.

The only way I see you getting one is to find a buddy at the executive level and maybe he will provide you with one. I think it would be a good healing thing with your up coming surgery to sit at meetings and present your case and/or ideas. You have probably figured out that these posts are just about like talking to a wall.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way I see you getting one is to find a buddy at the executive level and maybe he will provide you with one. I think it would be a good healing thing with your up coming surgery to sit at meetings and present your case and/or ideas. You have probably figured out that these posts are just about like talking to a wall.

I was at a general club meeting last March and nothing was ever mention. First time i heard about it was on S&M. I asked a couple of active friends in the club but they.....at the time didn't know too much. Then i tried to get the old proposal to post it on here and no one ever got back to me.
I think your right, i'm going to have to go personally to the Thursday night monthly meeting and get a copy or see the current proposal...if they let me.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rightsideup from on here is the sicamous bcsf Rep from the club, he should have a copy

sent while drinking tea's

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not at the executive level any more but the draft is for them only at this point in time. When they get through hashing things out, I am sure it will be presented for perusal and amendments. In the meantime, a lot of misinformation is flying around and Donegal is probably busy working with the Provincial Directors and the Club Executives.
So I wonder how this is going to go down then. Are they going to have the clubs vote on it before they bring it to the government or just come to an agreement with the government and shove it down the clubs throats?

Last edited:

mermaid

Reaction score
The government will not be involved with any of this process. This is a BCSF proposal to its member clubs and only will go forward if the clubs wish it to. There is a revised copy coming when Donegal can get some time to complete and it will go to all club Presidents to be reviewed with their members.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at a general club meeting last March and nothing was ever mention. First time i heard about it was on S&M. I asked a couple of active friends in the club but they.....at the time didn't know too much. Then i tried to get the old proposal to post it on here and no one ever got back to me.
I think your right, i'm going to have to go personally to the Thursday night monthly meeting and get a copy or see the current proposal...if they let me.
I will have check some emails but in fall the clubs were asked to send a rep to the Easter seals camp for a bcsf meeting one of the items on the agenda was to comment on this plan and then it would be rewritten and latter in the season be presented to the executives of each club for voting.
Definitely one of the concerns is that a low number of presumed running sleds that were not accounted for from some of the clubs data supplied to the bcsf.
By the way the clubs that made some great donations to the Easter Seals
Paved the way for free accommodations that weekend. We had a presentation as to what the Easter seals does for various people less fortunate than ourselves.

Last edited:

indyxcsp

Reaction score
Good Morning All,

I am the Current sitting President of the BCSF. Sorry it took so long to put something on here as far as a post. We do not get on S&M very often. Between Conference Calls and Operational stuff, I try to snowmobile. I can tell by some of the Comments, there is alot of Misinformation out there in regards to the PMP. The BCSF speaks for clubs, and what Clubs want. A DRAFT copy of the PMP was presented at Camp Winfield in person. ALL Clubs were sent a copy of the Draft pre-meeting so they could present to their club members and try to filter out some questions. Some of those Clubs have serious Concerns and so we went back to the drawing board to create a second draft. That is where we are now and we are close to releasing something revised.
I cannot stress enough that clubs will decide the fate of the PMP, and that the clubs have the information. We are challenged daily that we do not communicate to clubs, only to find out the President resigned or Exec Changes have happened and the emails deleted. Because we work for the clubs and their members, that is where we send communications. We are asking sledders to talk with their local clubs. We have resent the info where we know the info was lost hoping to bring those clubs up to speed.
The BCSF is in a constant state of Confusion. We are the Voice Of Sledders in the Province of BC, But we are limited to what 6900 sledders want. Thats the truth of the story. Results of the Poll to date show that 45% of people who took the poll do not even belong to a snowmobile club? What is the reason? The goal of the PMP must be to bring every snowmobile club in BC up.... or it is a failure. It must raise up the quality of snowmobiling product across BC or it has failed. BUT..... Snowmobile CLUBS.....Not Sledders will decide.
That being said, OUR Spring Meeting will be held in Valemount BC on April 1. Snowmobile Clubs will have their say and it may go to a vote. What do you need to do? You need to join a Snowmobile Club because that's how Societies Work. Paid members get a vote. Then the Club you are a member of must decide (with Knowledge) which way they want to vote. (you might get out voted at Club Level so don't get bent out of shape if the majority does not see it your way) Then the CLUB, Should send (pay their way) a voting delegate to the meeting to vote, get information, network with others, get ideas and help US make snowmobiling great in BC. If You want to attend the AGM in Valemount.... everyone is welcome but each CLUB gets one Vote. Individuals do not. That's how it works. Plus I will be there with Big Shoulders so I get to carry lots of Burdens, I get beat up lots, but I meet alot of damn nice people I have learned to appreciate for their passion of snowmobiling. Just a note that this is also our BCSF Awards Gala where we recognize those Passionate Volunteers who give so much this sport. Donegal will be on the road in January and February meeting with Clubs and trying to Inform Clubs, Please get yourself to a meeting and engage us. If you won't engage us or your local Club.... you will be out of the loop!

Richard Cronier - BCSF President

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good Morning All,

I am the Current sitting President of the BCSF. Sorry it took so long to put something on here as far as a post. We do not get on S&M very often. Between Conference Calls and Operational stuff, I try to snowmobile. I can tell by some of the Comments, there is alot of Misinformation out there in regards to the PMP. The BCSF speaks for clubs, and what Clubs want. A DRAFT copy of the PMP was presented at Camp Winfield in person. ALL Clubs were sent a copy of the Draft pre-meeting so they could present to their club members and try to filter out some questions. Some of those Clubs have serious Concerns and so we went back to the drawing board to create a second draft. That is where we are now and we are close to releasing something revised.
I cannot stress enough that clubs will decide the fate of the PMP, and that the clubs have the information. We are challenged daily that we do not communicate to clubs, only to find out the President resigned or Exec Changes have happened and the emails deleted. Because we work for the clubs and their members, that is where we send communications. We are asking sledders to talk with their local clubs. We have resent the info where we know the info was lost hoping to bring those clubs up to speed.
The BCSF is in a constant state of Confusion. We are the Voice Of Sledders in the Province of BC, But we are limited to what 6900 sledders want. Thats the truth of the story. Results of the Poll to date show that 45% of people who took the poll do not even belong to a snowmobile club? What is the reason? The goal of the PMP must be to bring every snowmobile club in BC up.... or it is a failure. It must raise up the quality of snowmobiling product across BC or it has failed. BUT..... Snowmobile CLUBS.....Not Sledders will decide.
That being said, OUR Spring Meeting will be held in Valemount BC on April 1. Snowmobile Clubs will have their say and it may go to a vote. What do you need to do? You need to join a Snowmobile Club because that's how Societies Work. Paid members get a vote. Then the Club you are a member of must decide (with Knowledge) which way they want to vote. (you might get out voted at Club Level so don't get bent out of shape if the majority does not see it your way) Then the CLUB, Should send (pay their way) a voting delegate to the meeting to vote, get information, network with others, get ideas and help US make snowmobiling great in BC. If You want to attend the AGM in Valemount.... everyone is welcome but each CLUB gets one Vote. Individuals do not. That's how it works. Plus I will be there with Big Shoulders so I get to carry lots of Burdens, I get beat up lots, but I meet alot of damn nice people I have learned to appreciate for their passion of snowmobiling. Just a note that this is also our BCSF Awards Gala where we recognize those Passionate Volunteers who give so much this sport. Donegal will be on the road in January and February meeting with Clubs and trying to Inform Clubs, Please get yourself to a meeting and engage us. If you won't engage us or your local Club.... you will be out of the loop!

Richard Cronier - BCSF President
just curious Richard how many avenues you have used to get this survey out and the number of respondents thus far have they met your expectations

Last edited:

indyxcsp

Reaction score
Last Friday we had over 1100 votes, 88.9 percent in favour of a Provincial Pass within a dollar amount of $150-$200
We have used only Survey Monkey and used Social Media to move it out. Our Goal was 1000 people based on any previous survey done. Often we see 100 responses to our surveys. This is a big Deal and we want lots of input. Considering the 1000 votes.... we are calling it a success..... but Clubs have concerns regardess of what the Survey results are.

Last edited:

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last Friday we had over 1100 votes, 88.9 percent in favour of a Provincial Pass within a dollar amount of $150-$200
We have used only Survey Monkey and used Social Media to move it out. Our Goal was 1000 people based on any previous survey done. Often we see 100 responses to our surveys. This is a big Deal and we want lots of input. Considering the 1000 votes.... we are calling it a success..... but Clubs have concerns regardess of what the Survey results are.
This is the first survey I have filled out and I did because of this forum. I probably need to broaden my horizons.

Top Bottom