Ice Scratchers not standard??

duarthe

Reaction score
I need some feedback from 2013 cat owners. I live in Canada and snowchecked a 2013 M 800 Sno Pro Limited-162 in the spring. I'm being told that scratchers are not standard on this machine. I went to the arctic cat site and sure enough it doesn't list them on the standard equipment. Strangely though, under "Standard" equipment, as you get to the end of the list, it reads like this:

"air pump, telescoping handlebar, front-monted heat exchanger, drilled". It just ends with drilled. Not drilled disc brakes. Just drilled..... Like someone was updating the website and fell asleep mid sentence.

Anyway, I did some more searching. The 2013 M 800 Sno Pro Limited-153 has scratchers listed under Standard equipment. So does the 1100. The US site lists them as standard, but I know sometimes the US gets things we don't get here in Canada. So my guess at this point is the web dude screwed up on updating the 162 link.

But why is my dealer telling me that scratchers aren't standard then?

So - question to all you Cat (Limited) owners - Did you get scratchers with your sled? Or did you have to pay for them?

Here's the link - scroll just past halfway down and it's on the right. Standard followed by optional.

Any wisdom you guys can impart would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine came with them. i was told before I bought sled it came with them. the limited also comes with a bag on the tunnel and a goggle bag just ahead of the handle bars.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some dealers will include accessories to sweeten the pot and attract sales, unfortunately yours doesn't nor did mine this year when I bought my first new sled in 35 years.Guess that is why I usually buy used, someone has already added all the extras.

sledwhore

Reaction score
Ice scratchers are like 50 bucks if your buying a new sled your not goin to notice an extra 50 falling outta your wallet

duarthe

Reaction score
Yeah, it's not so much the money - it is only $50. It's more the principle of it.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ice scratchers are like 50 bucks if your buying a new sled your not goin to notice an extra 50 falling outta your wallet

Jeez. I wish I could "not notice" spending 50 bucks on anything , anytime! Guess I need a different job! Thought I actually made pretty good money, but you won't catch me throwing 50 bucks around like it was nothing.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2012 came with scratchers and so did my 2013 Cat.....along with the google holder and tunnel bag.

duarthe

Reaction score
Those look interesting Teth-Air... Might have to look into those.

The original point of this was not that I was being cheap and not that I'm whining about not getting completely outfitted in aftermarket gear. The point is that Cat lists scratchers as a standard item, but my dealer is saying they aren't standard, meaning I will be paying for an item that was probably shipped in the box with the sled.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe the original point was when will the manufacturers start to include necessities like scratchers.

Sorry to hijack a Cat thread....... But my 10 Dragon came factory with scratcher's, but not with a tether :confused:

Top Bottom