Ice in intake

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Like this?I took off the foam around intakes (last pic)put on some stuff twice as thick and re isntalled intake back on hood.Also put thicker stuff around the headlights and taped around my headlights.Seemed to solve my problem.

Media_CardBlackBerrypicturesIMG002721.jpg

IMG002711.jpg

IMG002781.jpg

Last edited:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
basically mine i just opened te hood and head it breaking in the accordion intake thing and falling down into the bottom, i pulled it out and vacuumed it out.....i think its ok

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
basically mine i just opened te hood and head it breaking in the accordion intake thing and falling down into the bottom, i pulled it out and vacuumed it out.....i think its ok

If you have stock intake on it,Im willing to bet its coming in behind the headlights.

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They all have the same problem. i have ice in there every ride. that accordian is a moisture magnet. it is suppossed to trap most of it, which it does. only real cure is an after market air box and/or intake.. BDX has a pretty good one. D&D has one and SLP now has a new upgrade for arctic cat. I am in the middle of upgrading mine.. look for future post. UPGRADING M8 Air Intake

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take the stock air screens off and put on frog skins on the intake that should help. You can buy that foam strip at can tire in different thickness, put thicker stuff on the intake up behind the headlights. I did that on my girlfriends m7 and had no problems.

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take the stock air screens off and put on frog skins on the intake that should help. You can buy that foam strip at can tire in different thickness, put thicker stuff on the intake up behind the headlights. I did that on my girlfriends m7 and had no problems.
Really? where does she ride? I was out in 3ft of powder last weekend and was eating snow all day. I taped my headlight and air intake foam to seal it. my sled was spuddering everytime i had snow on my hood.
My 2 buddies, one with a D&D the other with a BDX after market had zero issues.
BTW i have frogskinz. Sled runs great when not in the deep powder.
I am in the middle of upgrading. I will let you know how she goes once im done

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how would snow get into the intake from the headlights? its in no way attached to the stock intake,,,,unless I'm missing something?? plio i run a bdx intake and don't put the cover on, so it can take under hood air if the vents r plugged,,,ran this set-up for 2 years with absolutely no issues, no bog, no codes and a drop of something like 8 lbs from stock,,,,i recommend it, u will not regret it

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how would snow get into the intake from the headlights? its in no way attached to the stock intake,,,,unless I'm missing something?? plio i run a bdx intake and don't put the cover on, so it can take under hood air if the vents r plugged,,,ran this set-up for 2 years with absolutely no issues, no bog, no codes and a drop of something like 8 lbs from stock,,,,i recommend it, u will not regret it

When I say from the head lights I mean where the intake fits together behind the head lights, not the head lights them selves. Guess I should explain myself better.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? where does she ride? I was out in 3ft of powder last weekend and was eating snow all day. I taped my headlight and air intake foam to seal it. my sled was spuddering everytime i had snow on my hood.
My 2 buddies, one with a D&D the other with a BDX after market had zero issues.
BTW i have frogskinz. Sled runs great when not in the deep powder.
I am in the middle of upgrading. I will let you know how she goes once im done

We ride everywhere Revy, vale, McBride. Her sled use to sputter still to but I put a SLP big air horn kit in and it took the sputter away. My brother has the BDX air box on his M1000 and I like that set up.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
how would snow get into the intake from the headlights? its in no way attached to the stock intake,,,,unless I'm missing something?? plio i run a bdx intake and don't put the cover on, so it can take under hood air if the vents r plugged,,,ran this set-up for 2 years with absolutely no issues, no bog, no codes and a drop of something like 8 lbs from stock,,,,i recommend it, u will not regret it[/QUOTE

The gap around the headlights.
The intake connects to the hood behind headlight so if the foam around the headlights is not sealing to keep snow out and foam around intake to hood is not sealing properly it will get sucked in there when snow is coming over the hood.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I taped my headlight and air intake foam to seal it. my sled was spuddering everytime i had snow on my hood.

I did this to mine to and had a sputter when in over hood pow.When hood vents got covered in snow.Looked in air box bone dry.Went home cleaned the vent that was under hood buy the gauge on air plenum(so cover in belt dust and crap)then added the same vent lower down buy the rubber boot and haven't had a sputter since.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another good trick on the M's is where the air intake goes along the hood there is a rubber plug, it's there so you can get at a bolt that holds it on. Take that plug out and put a SLP flow right in there.

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My SLP big horn kit is in stock. going to install it before this weekends ride.
put in the Menztoys headlight delete vent kit with the 55w lights. re taped the joint in my intake plenem better so we will see how much better it performs.

Top Bottom