Ice Fishing Spots

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone just wondering where is a good spot to ice fish around edmonton, Maybe 2 hour drive at the most. We are looking to keep a few fish to eat like (perch, walleye, or trout ) but manly just out there for fun. Any help at all would be perfect thanks.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buck lake is good for walleye, and i have sen some really big perch come out of there in the summer. depending on were you are in the city its aprox. 2 hrs west. and you can keep a walleye. also there is a little trout pond nearnaway somewhere that my dad goes to but not sure exact location. hope this helps. happy fishin.:d:d

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
West of Rocky there are some nice lakes. Cow, Strubel, Mitchell. A bit longer than 2 hrs, but really worth it. Another lake if you're out there anyways and if you have a sled is Tay. I haven't been back to that neck of the woods for quite a while, but when I fished it last the rainbows were awesome. They ate a type of freshwater shrimp, so their meat was an awesome pink colour. Really Really Really miss fishing there.

.08rider

Reaction score
Orlof lake is a must huge Pike, and Walleye AKA Rock Island Lake on some maps or GPS. past atha B

Sledavola

Reaction score
I lived in Vegreville for a couple years, and every sunday i went to Mohns Lake because it was close and you had some good action. Lots of small perch but you have to have your line about 2 inches from the bottom. Also huge Jack , you use big bait and you'll catch a couple of them every day. Keepers have to be about 26 inches long i think. But lots of fun, and its close. Its between Smokey Lake and Willingdon, which is not far from Edmonton. If you're ever coming sledding to B.C. , i have a motel here and you can sled right from the motel 14 kms to a small lake thats full of fiesty rainbows. You can sit on your sled and catch them all day long. We have a sledders promotion going on this year , all sledders get rooms for $40. It is just past Blue River. Send me a private message if you are ever thinking of coming this way or e-mail me at brepay2002@yahoo.com

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i camp at Buck lake, and as Magnet said their is good fishin there...be goin ice fishin there soon.......hopefully...

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Not sure as to the fishing conditions on any of these lakes but just west of the grove there is hubbles, chickako (stocked brook trout there), mink, jackfish and hasse. The last three are south of carvel and one of them has stocked rainbows. If ur lookin for the big ones u most likely will to travel a ways and hit the remote lakes that one can't drive to.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lesser slave lake 2.5 hours. Go to Canyon Creek (about 15 - 20 km past slave lake) hang a right when you see the sign, drive straight down the road and past the marina and onto the lake you'll see all the ice shacks good fishing for walleye.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mystrey lake in hidden valley the other side of ghost mountain and you can't get there from here best ice fishing ever

Top Bottom