I would like to get a boosted nitro

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the title says I would like to buy a used boosted nitro.
But why are they so cheap,compared to the cost to build them
I ride a few time in the mountain a year the rest in Alberta
I ride a 2005 KingCat 900 but I would like something with more power
So any info on why peeps sell them or Love them would be nice

There are a few on Kijiji for sale that have 180 kit, a few MPI, Mcx and also Push turbo system. I find funny that some people call them "junk" if you look on how many Yamaha there are for sale compare to rest.....Doo, Cat and Poo. Yes they are a bit more heavy but they last for ever boosted or non boosted, 2 stroke or 4 stroke.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by JUNK?
LMAO seems like I hit a soft spot, lol Not the sled junk go for ever I know, but unless you understand turbos and wrench lots on it, they are not plug and play, thats all.............lol

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO seems like I hit a soft spot, lol Not the sled junk go for ever I know, but unless you understand turbos and wrench lots on it, they are not plug and play, thats all.............lol

Thats the beauty of a properly built 4 stroke. I wrench less on my 270hp mcx nytro than my stock 2 stroke.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well don't wrench on mine either, unless I add acc.........................

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My impulse nytro has more snap then my xp or dragon,most ppl that have turbo 4 strokes are plug and play unless u go xtreem I'm running little over 300 hp and just turn key,work on it less then my stock xp that's why I went that way but skinz or z bro front end is a good idea . Most trash talked about the turbo 4 stroke is from ppl who never rode one they make the best experts u find most them on the Internet . I'm going to pick up a 180-190 nytro for a spare they are a lot of fun

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep same, my impulse kit is lightning quick. Still thinking about keeping it its so fun to ride.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thats because when ya cheap out and buy a ch!t kit you wrench. in 3 yrs all ive changed was belts and oil. i owned an xp and will never go back! like turning the key and riding every season.

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wrench lots?? Not plug and play?? I guess if you call changing your oil an filter every season and maybe a belt every other season lots of wrenching?? 6200 km gas and go!! Might check the valve clearances around 10000km

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wrench lots?? Not plug and play?? I guess if you call changing your oil an filter every season and maybe a belt every other season lots of wrenching?? 6200 km gas and go!! Might check the valve clearances around 10000km
No wrenching??????? But the beer tastes so much better mixed with grease and grit. lol

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This site is pretty much anti yamaha. There is a few us on here that ride them without too many issues. Like anything, it will break down & give grief. Gas, Diesel, 2 stroke, 4 stroke, they all break. But like was already said, MCX 270 kit is most full proof with good power for the nytro. I still have my 03 TRX1, you bet its heavier than all strokes. I don't care, its fun to ride when the snow is deep. I have also rode it in the trees, yep its a work out, dont care. Enjoy what you own & dont listen to the haters. Sometimes MCX injectors have flooded the engine, exhaust dounts burn out. Thistledoo has a fix for that, & guy from Central Ab has different exhaust system that gets rid of the dounts. Have fun on whatever you buy.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about one with180-200 hp kits but you guy are saying the MCX 270 are good. is that 270 hp

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about one with180-200 hp kits but you guy are saying the MCX 270 are good. is that 270 hp

dude dont listen to hear say from ppl that dont own one. a nytro with a 180 will run for ever. the 240 mcx kit are flawless. stay with mcx there programs work the best.

cat925

Reaction score
I've allways been 2 stroke up until 1100 four stoke cats came out I have one xf 1100 for the lake totally stock and good luck any two stroke keeping up and a pro climb 1100 with 240 hp kit speedwerx with 174 2.5 inch and is a wicked mountain sled yes they are heavier but the power is totally worth it plus the only tools u need are a wrench to change the odd belt I also have a f-8 2012 short track with studs fun sled but not the same as my xf 1100 plus I built a 2012 m-8 stage two cutler running twelve pounds of boost awesome sled aswell but not the same as four stroke power basically you need one sled for all conditions or terrain. Plus I have bin trying to catch my brothers mcx nitro for the last four years finally got there until he puts a 174 on it then well see but he has over 8000 km with little maintenance just sliders front end bushings etc minor stuff awesome sleds watch out for what Yamaha comes out with next going to be a game changer

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is 4 levels of hp from MCX for nytro's. 180, 240, 270, 310, all there claimed hp levels from MCX. Now there is a 190 upgrade to the 180 kit. It depends on yourself, hp junkie? I am, started out with 5lbs back in 2003. Holy fawk I thought this scary power, now its over 18lbs most of the time. So I won't sugguest the 180/190 kit, only cause its not really upgrade able without spending more $. The 180 kit doesnt come with intercooler or headshim, I heard good techs can install kit in 6hrs or less on 180 kit. As engine doesn't come out to do headshim. The 240 kit gets same intercooler, headshim, as 270/310 kits. To upgrade to 270 kit, add fuel pump & have the brain box remap for more power. But if your happy with 180, go that route. 180 sleds will be cheaper to buy also.

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because less people want them and junk, I ride with 2 buds that traded them in for poo's and would never go back............Good luck.............

it always amazes me how guys that dont ride one post such good info in these threads:(they are not for everyone but they are a good sled to each his own i guess.the mcx 180,240 or270 are all good & fairly maintenance free other things to look for would be one with some sort of aftermarket skid & a skins or zbros 3+ or 4+ front end makes them nicer & easyer to ride.

Top Bottom