I would like to get a boosted nitro

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the title says I would like to buy a used boosted nitro.
But why are they so cheap,compared to the cost to build them
I ride a few time in the mountain a year the rest in Alberta
I ride a 2005 KingCat 900 but I would like something with more power
So any info on why peeps sell them or Love them would be nice

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am building one now. You could buy it for my build price if you really want to. haha

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because less people want them and junk, I ride with 2 buds that traded them in for poo's and would never go back............Good luck.............

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my nytro junk has over 6000 km pushing 300hp on boost.. Ive seen enough doos and poos get towed out in our riding group with half the kms.. Top ends bottom ends etc with half the miles or less.. Guess my junk is pretty reliable I'll take reliability an extra HP with the added weight any day.. My kid rides a new pro and whenever ive rode it i cant wait to get back on my nytro..

You never get anywhere near the money back that you put into any sled thats why there going so cheap.. If i was to do it again Id find one with a strong motor and tons of upgrades and let someone else take the hit..

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree totally with jrusher, I love my nitro and they are so reliable. They are a little heavy but they also don't fall apart. No glued parts or engines running on the edge. I will never go back to a 2-stroke. I just hope yamaha has a new model for 2014.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I spent 20k on my nytro, will loose 10k on it over the past 5 years, but it is still just breaking in. A snow check XP in 08 was close to 16k with all the added goodies and tax out the door, and has usually cost the owner 2500 for a shortblock and how many 150 dollar belts in its life and now can be bought on kijiji for 5-6k. Seems to work out on paper to be the same losses from my previous bambardier purchases, and like jrusher says I never have been left stranded, yes its heavy and I have to work out a bit harder but the smile on my face all day is worth it.

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my nytro junk has over 6000 km pushing 300hp on boost.. Ive seen enough doos and poos get towed out in our riding group with half the kms.. Top ends bottom ends etc with half the miles or less.. Guess my junk is pretty reliable I'll take reliability an extra HP with the added weight any day.. My kid rides a new pro and whenever ive rode it i cant wait to get back on my nytro..

You never get anywhere near the money back that you put into any sled thats why there going so cheap.. If i was to do it again Id find one with a strong motor and tons of upgrades and let someone else take the hit..​

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because less people want them and junk, I ride with 2 buds that traded them in for poo's and would never go back............Good luck.............

You never get anywhere near the money back that you put into any sled thats why there going so cheap.. If i was to do it again Id find one with a strong motor and tons of upgrades and let someone else take the hit..

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What Up grade should I look for. Beside Boost.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a buddy as well that is thinking of selling his tnitro, less than 700km on it and its the full blown 340hp mcx kit with motor work all done to it, weight is 640lbs full of fluids with 162 by 2.5 track

doo225

Reaction score
my buddies got one for sale an 08 turbo nytro 270hp mcxpress pump gas turbo. red cr racing tunnel and red timbersled skid and A arms powder hound skis. mountain mod seat. just put new drivers and a newer track on. sled runs excellent he's never had a problem with it! he wants $13,500.00 for it thats cheap for what he was asking before. The add is on kijiji add ID is 440965569.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres some details on mine ,This nytro has had no expence spared and has recently had a brand new built motor put in it for this season due to a mechanical failure that happened to the old one. Here is a list of what I can remember is done to this one of a kind nytro.

-Impulse GT2871R race turbo system with hallman pro boost controller

(can run 14psi on pump or crank to 20+ if you want to run race and show off)

(270HP) (315+hp) With the turn of a knob.

The system consists of

Mid-mounted Garrett GT2871R Hybrid Turbo

Tial V-Band stainless turbine housing

Short, responsive 3 into 1 V-Band stainless header

3" stainless V-Band turbo downpipe

Tial V-Band 44mm external wastegate

Separate 1 3/4" wastegate downpipe

High flow raceintercooler

50mm Tial Q blow off valve

High horsepower fuel system, 10 gallon fuel capacity

-Boost it fuel system.(Best of the best with 0 adjustment needed with boost change, altitude change etc) Check out boost it's website for more info

-Brand new timbersled front end with billet spindles

-EZ RYDE 2010-13 skid the new 37.3'' arm

-Anti stab kit

-Fox floats up front and fox zero pros in the back

-Custom black piggy back gas can with custom mounting for clean as possible look without sacraficing strength or function

-Tonnes of custom 2 stage powdercoating

-Brand new 162x16x3 Camo X

-Headlight delete with vent(comes with headlight if you want it back in)

-8'' billet wheels

-Autometer liquid filled boost gauge

-AEM Wideband gauge

-RSI 6'' risers

-Brand new ytx-20bl yuasa battery

-Pro Taper CR HIGH bars shortened to sled width

-Diamond S Titanium Tunnel (not the chromoly model)

-Shockwave Helix

-Dalton dtya 2 primary weights

-Avid drivers

-Yamaha roll over valve

-2013 Front subframe(better geometry and strength)

-Yamaheater heat grip module

and the list goes on.

The engine has been fully and properly built with arp studs, the new wiseco 9.5-1 pistons, kibble white race valve springs, carrillo rods, new cases, new turbo cams,timing and oil drive chains etc.It is 100% Turn key and ride, I Also have almost all the recipts for parts, labor, coating, etc that total well into the 40,000$+ range. For sale for 19,500$ obo

This nytro is basically a 2013 now and has had its first ride this past weekend just for its brake in and I hate to sell but not looking to stay in this hobby as I have no time for it. Serious inquirys only please. Best way to contact is call, text ,email 780-289-4039

Last edited:

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What do you mean by JUNK?
What are the problems with them

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres some details on mine ,This nytro has had no expence spared and has recently had a brand new built motor put in it for this season due to a mechanical failure that happened to the old one. Here is a list of what I can remember is done to this one of a kind nytro.

-Impulse GT2871R race turbo system with hallman pro boost controller

(can run 14psi on pump or crank to 20+ if you want to run race and show off)

(270HP) (315+hp) With the turn of a knob.

The system consists of

Mid-mounted Garrett GT2871R Hybrid Turbo

Tial V-Band stainless turbine housing

Short, responsive 3 into 1 V-Band stainless header

3" stainless V-Band turbo downpipe

Tial V-Band 44mm external wastegate

Separate 1 3/4" wastegate downpipe

High flow raceintercooler

50mm Tial Q blow off valve

High horsepower fuel system, 10 gallon fuel capacity

-Boost it fuel system.(Best of the best with 0 adjustment needed with boost change, altitude change etc) Check out boost it's website for more info

-Brand new timbersled front end with billet spindles

-EZ RYDE 2010-13 skid the new 37.3'' arm

-Anti stab kit

-Fox floats up front and fox zero pros in the back

-Custom black piggy back gas can with custom mounting for clean as possible look without sacraficing strength or function

-Tonnes of custom 2 stage powdercoating

-Brand new 162x16x3 Camo X

-Headlight delete with vent(comes with headlight if you want it back in)

-8'' billet wheels

-Autometer liquid filled boost gauge

-AEM Wideband gauge

-RSI 6'' risers

-Brand new ytx-20bl yuasa battery

-Pro Taper CR HIGH bars shortened to sled width

-Diamond S Titanium Tunnel (not the chromoly model)

-Shockwave Helix

-Dalton dtya 2 primary weights

-Avid drivers

-Yamaha roll over valve

-2013 Front subframe(better geometry and strength)

-Yamaheater heat grip module

and the list goes on.

The engine has been fully and properly built with arp studs, the new wiseco 9.5-1 pistons, kibble white race valve springs, carrillo rods, new cases, new turbo cams,timing and oil drive chains etc.It is 100% Turn key and ride, I Also have almost all the recipts for parts, labor, coating, etc that total well into the 40,000$+ range. For sale for 19,500$ obo

This nytro is basically a 2013 now and has had its first ride this past weekend just for its brake in and I hate to sell but not looking to stay in this hobby as I have no time for it. Serious inquirys only please. Best way to contact is call, text ,email 780-289-4039

A little more than I wanted to spend
but would be fun
why are you selling it

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just built a boosted nytro and every 2 smoke I ride now just feels like a kids toy and power 2 weight they are not heavy at all

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just notice the "right now throttle response" difference from a four banger to a 2smoker. I love the instant BRRRAP a 2smoker gives as compared to the slower "BUUURAP" a thumper gives..........ya know? haha

Top Bottom