I think FOX news exist to piss me off

Dr. Meatman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just saying....aside from that fact....if the stone is well rounded and dense enough carrying a weight of say 1lb or 0.45359237 Kg...it is rather easy to throw...a stick on the other hand has a trajectory that is vastly affected by wind speed making it more difficult to calculate accuracy

elephant rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just saying....aside from that fact....if the stone is well rounded and dense enough carrying a weight of say 1lb or 0.45359237 Kg...it is rather easy to throw...a stick on the other hand has a trajectory that is vastly affected by wind speed making it more difficult to calculate accuracy

Hmmmm.. interesting concept meat, I never looked @ it that way, your a smart person......

sledhead65

Reaction score
The ridiculous comments made by Fox commentators is not a isolated occurrence. I work extensively in the middle east oil fields and as soon as i am identified by the Americans as a Canadian, i get similar barrages of uninformed dumb ass red neck comments.

(The Locals i work with in Saudi actually respect a Canadian and feel bad we live so close to Americans).

I then ask the same American workers why Americans wear Canadian flags and carry dual citizenship so they can get entry Visas where Americans are forbidden. That gets a response of "we can't be known as American". I feel insulted everytime i see this..

I even get asked to vouch for them as to them being Canadian... i always refuse.

I am glad i am not an American and Its too bad we look like them

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a joke I cannot believe they would let something like that air on TV. For one the Military isn't going to close its doors for a year, another thing is I am glad we are able to take a break from military action means that we don't have the number of enemies as does our neighbors to the south.
Shows how clueless the media is down there. I am not trying to lump all Americans into this because I know this is not the view of all people, but why would they not maybe air the other view point it would be less confrontational.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it doesnt even bother me, they arent a reputable show on a bad station 3 am in the morning. they have so much going wrong at home that they have to find old stereotypes of other countries to make them feel better. all i say is when they say we rely on their military i say ya sure, ur taxes are paying for our protection. you shouldnt let guys like this bother u, cant do anything about it. when our military takes a year off that means training and re-structuring to deal with the war on terror, along with the states we are not structured for that type of war we are still structured for fighting the soviets. but if i was walking a street in the us and saw him, he would be one bloody mess

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld what a waste of air space....dont waste your time and energy with people like this it's what they want....the old "bad puplicity is still better then no puplicity"....

Also Doug Benson the so called comedian on the panel was susposed to be preforming here in Edmonton at Rick Bronson Comedy club.....Rick cancelled his gig stating saftey concerns for is staff....ie when the lynching stats they will have to attempt to protect this idiot.....

Reality is he probably wont have made it out of the airport.....

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
As stated by meatman I think we all have to be careful not to accept the view of a few B-rate so called comedians as the majority opinion of the american people.....Remember less than 50% of the americans even agree with their own counties past actions in the middle east.
It's the same idea as when people group all sledders into the same catagory stating that we are all rude drunkin rednecks with no respect for other people or the environment... but not everyone who rides a sled is like me...:eek:
It is common knowledge that when Bush F$%&d up Afganistan it was mainly the canadians who came in to try and clean up the mess left behind....a mission destined to fail.
I have freinds in the canadian military and although many of them do not believe in the reasoning of the conflict...they are there to protect one another and represent the great white north. And for this they demand/deserve the upmost respect.

Bogger:beer:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I have to say is;

FOX and a bunch of comedians on a late night show.

Need more be said!?

Guess they got the reaction both the Network and these comedians were looking for.

brucehiscott

Reaction score
Really I didn't mean this to get into a giant pissing match. This thread was strictly about how ridiculous FOX news is. I will however say anyone who thinks O'reilly and Rush to be the voice of the nation or even remotely fair and balance needs to give there head a shake. I am all for differing opinions but derogatory remarks are nothing more then trash and should have no place in the news. The news should be just that news. I am sick of all these talking heads giving there two cents, give the people the unadulterated facts and let them make there own minds up. As of last there has been to much fear mongering going on and it needs to stop, what good is your freedom if your to afraid to do anything.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes..you guys are right..you should lump all americans with what the media says...you wanna talk ignorant...get a clue! everyone who replied to this thread in the essence that all americans act like that are complete and utter morons.....congradulations

You're right, however, don't expect people not to talk back/feed back when something offensive is said to a group of people. And that was obviously pretty poor taste and a pretty bad selection of subject material. If it was no big deal, I guess not too many people would be upset - but we know that is not the case, this thing has been on every news channel and paper up here. People are mad. I know most all Americans are smarter than that, I'm sure most all Canadian's know that as well. That's not the problem, it's these moron's that made the mistake of producing something disrespectful like that on a life and death subject. Now they are getting bad press from a bunch of pissed off people. I'm sure if it was the other way around the same thing would happen.

Bad Fox, Bad.

I'm gunna add one more thing here too Meatman, think about this: if you don't want American's too look bad in the eyes of others (ie. if you care about it), I guess you are not too happy with fox now either are you? They didn't help out with the image too much did they? I know you are not happy with the negative attention Americans are getting over this, and you shouldn't be (that is kind of my point), but please don't blame us for being upset about it.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a joke I cannot believe they would let something like that air on TV. For one the Military isn't going to close its doors for a year, another thing is I am glad we are able to take a break from military action means that we don't have the number of enemies as does our neighbors to the south.
Shows how clueless the media is down there. I am not trying to lump all Americans into this because I know this is not the view of all people, but why would they not maybe air the other view point it would be less confrontational.

Here is a little bit of the back sorry on why the Canadian forces are having to take a bit of a break. I was thinking about this the other day and I remember an article from one of the logistics commanders about why they are having to do this. My memory is foggy, but it goes something like this for example (my numbers might be wrong):

If you have 2500 troops on the ground, you need a couple of thousand people to support them, haul all the supplies, prep them, deliver them etc. Then for every 2500 troops you have on the ground, you got another 2500 just coming off duty, and another 2500 waiting to go on. When you add it up, the commitment is much bigger than you would think (10,000's to keep a 2500 force active). Keeping in mind that we have a smaller full time military force than America does per capita as military commitment is not as great for us as it is for them, I think it has gotten taxing for the Canadian military to maintain it's commitment as long as it has. They have gotten to the point where they essentially need time to re-tool so they can re-commit. I also think the number of available/properly trained solders has been shrinking. We do not conscript our forces so it is the size it is and we do what we can do. I'm pretty sure everyone can also agree that keeping an over taxed force active is not safe or smart as well in any activity that can result in injury or death. You wouldn't see this in commercial activity (or you would hope not).

Just a little back ground about this being a little more complex than it first appears.

polarisftw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was kinda funny.. I watched this yesterday when it was first posted and now today at school in my english class my teacher was steamed.. She showed it to us on youtube and she was pissed about what they were saying.:realmad::realmad:

Dr. Meatman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not takin it out on canada or pissed of at canadians whatsoever....we had canadians with us when i was in afghanistan....what they said on fox was stupid...just the same as what some people are sayin on this thread, welcome to their level, I prefer to rise above it....that is all i clearly stated.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not takin it out on canada or pissed of at canadians whatsoever....we had canadians with us when i was in afghanistan....what they said on fox was stupid...just the same as what some people are sayin on this thread, welcome to their level, I prefer to rise above it....that is all i clearly stated.

You are correct sir.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score

Your right, glad to hear your comments. That program was a joke, I'm glad the fellow appologized. Hope Fox learns a lesson. Canada is the butt of some great jokes on late night and I can thoroughly laugh at those (ie Obama's visit) etc. But that crossed the line!:mad:

Its too bad some people don't realize or perhaps appreciate the sacrifice our soldiers on both sides of the border are making. I'm proud of them all and would say Thank you guys ... keep it up you are making a difference! :beer::)

Top Bottom