i need your opinon

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well thought i was getting to old for moto x bikes so i sold the best bike i ever owned and bought a quad 09 renegade 800 and found that im not ready to give up racing just yet so im getting rid of the quad and buying a bike again , the bike im looking at is a 08 ktm 450 now i have owned all the jap bikes (cr crf yz yzf kx kxf 250 and 450's)never a ktm so what u guys think of this bike , how do they handle on the track , things that make me wonder , ele start, steel frame, non linkage rear sus , this bike looks sweet but with the investment and i dont have alot of time in the summer (work) i want to injoy what time i have to rip the track or bush

thanks for any input

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well thought i was getting to old for moto x bikes so i sold the best bike i ever owned and bought a quad 09 renegade 800 and found that im not ready to give up racing just yet so im getting rid of the quad and buying a bike again , the bike im looking at is a 08 ktm 450 now i have owned all the jap bikes (cr crf yz yzf kx kxf 250 and 450's)never a ktm so what u guys think of this bike , how do they handle on the track , things that make me wonder , ele start, steel frame, non linkage rear sus , this bike looks sweet but with the investment and i dont have alot of time in the summer (work) i want to injoy what time i have to rip the track or bush

thanks for any input

I dont have one but my buddy does. Wicked lookin bike. Hydraulic clutch is sweet. So are the brakes. Great ride overall. Only draw back is you'll miss not having a 5th gear if you get the sx 450. Not on the track but roads/long trails.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I own the 08 450 sxf and its by far superior to the crf or the yzf witch Ive also ridden. I love the 4 speed with proper bush gearing. If your running it in the bush then you will be wanting to install the Axillary cooling fan kit.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my second KTM now. First was an 06 250 sx that I bought brand new, and I just purchased an 08 505 xcf. My brother has had an 08 505 sx that has proven to be reliable. There very good bikes, I have no complaints with them. Seem to have very strong engines, and the electric start is a nice option to.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That bike will make a better rider out of you, simply because you have to stand up all the time as the stock seat is a friggin plank. Apart from that though, I don't think anyone can dispute that KTM is the best bike builder in the world right now. My next bike will be a KTM, no question.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're great bikes. They come
With great features, hydraulic clutch,brembo brakes,WP suspension,excel rims. The
08 and up are supperior to pre 08 handling Wise. I have a 08 200 xc-w, one of the best purchases I've ever made, it handles great and runs like a top, super realiable aswell. Get one, you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my mobile telephone

Top Bottom