Newbie here. Looking to buy first sled

Jakal

Reaction score
Hey all, New guy on the forum. Looking to buy my first sled and get into the sport. Hoping this forum will help me choose my first sled. I'm a big guy 5'10" and 275 lbs. Looking for a mountain sled. 2007-2010 ish. Are there brands that are a little tippier than another? I need a sled that is extremely dependable and doesnt need alot of wrenching, not that i cant do it. I think i'm more into side hilling and running the trees than full on hill climbing. So i need a sled that would suit my size, novice skill ( i can ride dirt bikes and quads aggresively) and the style of riding im interested in. Any help or suggestions would be great. I would also like to hear what machines i should definately stay away from. I'm not YET a brand whore, I would also like some input to track length as that is a tough one for me. Most of my friends that own sled have 163" tracks. Thanks in advance peeps. Your input is greatly appreciated

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
:welcome: Enjoy the camaraderie and the banter. As for sled advice that is normally not my forte. I'm a doo guy and we (my wife and I) ride 2 163's but it is all trees and powder in Elkford and Fernie.

PS Check out Mountain Mania V in Snowmobile Chat. See you there?

Top Bottom