I need your guys Help !

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, well I've seem to have got myself in a pickle and could use some Advice. I have a 2011 GMC Denali Dually and got in a accident in Montana, Not my fault, a guy cut in front of me on the interstate and I T-Boned him. Now my insurance company wants to fix the truck in the states. The Quote came back a $30,000 to fix it, and get this the frame is bent so bad they are going to put a whole new frame under the truck! I really don't want this truck back. Do you guys have any advice, is replacing a frame common ? Also if they repair it in the US will I have to get it inspected when it comes back to Canada

thanks For the input guys and gals

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 199
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 204

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy fawk!

Did the guy live?

As for your issue, I would pretty much ask em to write it off, imagine the inspection when it comes back to canada, what did the insurance dudes miss? You may be outta that from yer pocket.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Appears the problem with an $80,000 truck is that they can do a hell of a lot of work to it before it costs more than replacement.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I've seen a lot of wrecks,but never one that bad that they want to fix up........ A friend had a newer dodge hit, and he demanded the insurance company truck the vehicle up here, just for the reasons of quality of work, and then would it pass alberta inspections. If they did not write off the vehicle then there would be no reinspection for alberta up here..... My gut feeling is to demand they ship the truck home and have it repaired or at least re-estimated up here. Obviously other guys insurance company is paying, so his insurance company probably wants it kept down there to keep control of the spending???

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would get a mechanic to look at the truck to not just body shop. A hit that hard can wreck the thrust bearings on the crank! My brother is a hd mechanic and he said it's common to see that happen. You wouldn't want to get the truck fixed only to have the engine sh!t it's pants soon after.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone thanks for the replys, it never ceases to amaze me how much info a guy can get out of Snow And Mud, As for the other guy he did live, thank god I was so freaked I did not want to get out of the truck and have to deal with a dead guy. Metal can be replaced so pretty happy witht the outcome, now if I could just get it dealt with and move on. Thanks again
how does that old saying go, If you can't dodge it Ram it.......Maybe to soon

Top Bottom