I need to beef up my rear suspension, any tips?

ColinSiR

Reaction score
I got a 08 m8 and last week Im pretty sure I crapped out the fox shock. Im pretty much bottomed out all day witch doesnt help cause I start floating on my running boards and that cant be good.
anyone know what I should do? Im 300lbs and I want to do it right the first time. what should I do with my shock?? go to a coil? Can I get my fox rebuilt to withstand my wieght all day??? Ive never screwed with suspension so Im a noob on this topic

M1000CAT

Reaction score
If your willing to spend some money convert over to a z bros coil over shock. Way better than any modified fox air shock

mountianman

Reaction score
Thats debatable, my friend had z bros i had fox float with nextech air canister and Brandt valve update, preferred fox float. My bud is a bigger man preferred z bros. Nextech update was $550. Zbros was more than double. both improved ride.:):)

prairiepulling

Reaction score
I amd 280 with all my gear on and went with the Z-Bros on my M1000 and love it for 500 bucks it cost me. They set it up for your weight before the ship it. just my 2 cents

K-MAN

Reaction score
For the guys with the Z Bros. Did you have to adjust the shocks after you got them? I like my shocks and have barely rode with them but I think that they can be better than where they are right now? If you have adjusted them, what is the best way to do it?

Hicktown

Reaction score
Im a fan of Zbros as well!! I am 250 plus gear and pack and had Zbros "setup" my shock before they shipped it. I still had to adjust the spring rate and dampening to my preferences which I completely expected to have to do. Night and Day difference over the float, I love the Zbros rear shock!

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Factory valving is a joke! Try a revalve at ANY place and I bet you'd be pleasently surprised!

Top Bottom