Suspension setup help

Jwaldner93

Reaction score
Alright guys I have a 2013 m8 proclimb base model with just the fox pro coil over shocks, I have never messed around with the suspension so I would like some help from some of experts. Tinkering today with my sled I found that my front shock on my rear suspension was backed all the way off and I don't think this is normal. So I was wondering is there a base starting point a guy can start at for these suspensions ? What are you guys running for your set up ? Also do you guys run your limiter straps in the longest position or no? I'm about 6ft tall 235lbs. Just looking for some insight here. Thanks.

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same issue when I bought mine haha. Best insight I found was look up skins protective gear suspension setup should be a series of about 5-6 videos that go from the basics to crazy in depth. From there the best thing you can do is have your shockpump with you and play with them.

Current setup 5,9 150lbs

front
Right 55psi
left 50psi (less weight without exhaust on that side)

rear i run depending on trail conditions usuiall y around 50-75 psi with my limiter strap all the way out. (Found in deep snow it trenches less)

biggest thing is as much as it sucks everyday you ride flip it on its side and check them. Temperature has a huge change on these shocks. Fill them to 50 in the garage get to the mountains they will run about 35.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Had the same issue when I bought mine haha. Best insight I found was look up skins protective gear suspension setup should be a series of about 5-6 videos that go from the basics to crazy in depth. From there the best thing you can do is have your shockpump with you and play with them.

Current setup 5,9 150lbs

front
Right 55psi

rear i run depending on trail conditions usuiall y around 50-75 psi with my limiter strap all the way out. (Found in deep snow it trenches less)

biggest thing is as much as it sucks everyday you ride flip it on its side and check them. Temperature has a huge change on these shocks. Fill them to 50 in the garage get to the mountains they will run about 35.
These are all great numbers, but completely useless to someone who has coil over shocks. No air pump. No air pressures.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not that difficult, having to watch videos to dial in shocks......... laughable, front shock in rear skid should be almost at the bottom of the threads, like 3/4 of the way down or more, rear shock for your weight I would go 2/3 of the way through the threads, maybe even 3/4 to the stiffer side, depends how wore out the shock is. Front ones will all depend how stiff you like em, if you ride alot of whooped up trails and not much off trail set them up about 2/3 through the threads, if you ride mtns and alot of off trail about half way through the threads, always go a touch softer on the exhaust side due to the sled being lighter on that side, it will help make it a little more nimble to throw it over to the right side, ran zero pro coil overs for years until fox started building the float shocks to hold pressure and work for more than one season lol

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You run your rear shock at that low of pressures......... what, do you only weigh 100 lbs.....? I weigh 190-200 and run mine at 110-120 psi and it still bottoms out on the whoops, at 75 psi have fun replacing shocks often, just asking to blow the seals out of it. And the fronts at 50-55? wow, you must drag your skid plate damn near lol, 75 and 70 psi are alot more common numbers, you are right about the temp changes though and running softer on exhaust side

Current setup 5,9 150lbs

front
Right 55psi

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
You run your rear shock at that low of pressures......... what, do you only weigh 100 lbs.....? I weigh 190-200 and run mine at 110-120 psi and it still bottoms out on the whoops, at 75 psi have fun replacing shocks often, just asking to blow the seals out of it. And the fronts at 50-55? wow, you must drag your skid plate damn near lol, 75 and 70 psi are alot more common numbers, you are right about the temp changes though and running softer on exhaust side
But he's running lower pressure on the NON exhaust side. Exhaust is on the right.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently i read it wrong, lol, apparently he thinks clutches are lighter than exhaust cans lol, hes wrong all around on the setup..........

But he's running lower pressure on the NON exhaust side. Exhaust is on the right.

Last edited:

Jwaldner93

Reaction score
Its not that difficult, having to watch videos to dial in shocks......... laughable, front shock in rear skid should be almost at the bottom of the threads, like 3/4 of the way down or more, rear shock for your weight I would go 2/3 of the way through the threads, maybe even 3/4 to the stiffer side, depends how wore out the shock is. Front ones will all depend how stiff you like em, if you ride alot of whooped up trails and not much off trail set them up about 2/3 through the threads, if you ride mtns and alot of off trail about half way through the threads, always go a touch softer on the exhaust side due to the sled being lighter on that side, it will help make it a little more nimble to throw it over to the right side, ran zero pro coil overs for years until fox started building the float shocks to hold pressure and work for more than one season lol

Thanks tmo I'll give this a try! All these air pressures are no good to me !

Top Bottom