Ryde FX shocks, RMK suspension

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
Hey guys, so im in the process of going through my rear suspension, as it sags like a mother f******. i have a 2010 rmk 800 155.
I pulled the skid out of the track and started dissasembly/inspection. i plan on drilling new holes for the back sway arm, and going to stiffer torsion springs as posted in other threads. but i was checking out the shocks and am a little confused. the rear shock pushes down with some force(seems normal) but then it takes significant force to pull it back out. (so this is either normal cause thats how its designed or something is really messed up)??? sorry im pretty new with working on rear skids.. one would think that it should push up no?? anyways the front coil over shock, what is the best way to check that one to see if it needs replacment? any help is much appreciated guys!

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shocks resist movement in both directions so it sounds like the shock is working as it should. If it moves too easily either way then it has had it. The torsion spring is what forces it back up so you should be good with the heavier springs. Make sure you pull all the shafts out of their tubes in the suspension and clean everything well. Check the shafts for any bends in them. Coat the shafts and the inside of the tubes with a good low temperature grease before reassembly. Once the skid is back in place pump some more grease into the zerks.

Top Bottom