i give up!!!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Re: !

i know! now that winning actually matters for a playoff spot we cant win!

winning matters no longer.... we are mathamatically eliminated from playoff contention.

Best thing they can do for themselves and the fans at this point is to ensure a last place finish.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

winning matters no longer.... we are mathamatically eliminated from playoff contention.

Best thing they can do for themselves and the fans at this point is to ensure a last place finish.

Yeah but last place, doesn't necessarily mean we get first pick!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Yeah but last place, doesn't necessarily mean we get first pick!

I'm well aware of this fact.....BUT last place gives us the best chance at getting the first pick..

Teams can only move up 4 spots maximum (ie. only the top 5 teams have a shot at winning the lottery) and drop no more than 1 spot. So whoever finishes last has a 48.2% off winning the draft lottery.

Odds of Winning the First Overall Pick

48.1% - Last
18.8% - Second last
14.2% - next
10.7% - next
8.1% - next

I'll take 48% over 18, 14, 10 or 8 percent............

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm well aware of this fact.....BUT last place gives us the best chance at getting the first pick..

Teams can only move up 4 spots maximum (ie. only the top 5 teams have a shot at winning the lottery) and drop no more than 1 spot. So whoever finishes last has a 48.2% off winning the draft lottery.

Odds of Winning the First Overall Pick

48.1% - Last
18.8% - Second last
14.2% - next
10.7% - next
8.1% - next

I'll take 48% over 18, 14, 10 or 8 percent............

I know the numbers, we have discussed this already! I agree with you, i will take the 48%, but there is no gaurantee that we will get it... not getting any hopes up!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

heres another kick in the nutz,,,habs win in shootout! i hate the oil :)

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There is always next year....Hopefully with a number 1 pick. True fans don't give up on there team when they are down, and to say the Oilers are a team "full of talent" you must be smokin some good sh%&...who has all the Talent...Hemsky?? Moreau?? or maybe Horcoff...what a joke they are all a bunch of high priced 3rd line journeymen anywhere in the league except for Edmonton...ohhh and do we even have a goaltender...time to start the rebuild and hopefully better days down the road.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There is always next year....Hopefully with a number 1 pick. True fans don't give up on there team when they are down, and to say the Oilers are a team "full of talent" you must be smokin some good sh%&...who has all the Talent...Hemsky?? Moreau?? or maybe Horcoff...what a joke they are all a bunch of high priced 3rd line journeymen anywhere in the league except for Edmonton...ohhh and do we even have a goaltender...time to start the rebuild and hopefully better days down the road.

We look good on paper... Let's not even talk about that loser Horcoff (has to be one of the worst contracts signed in the history of the NHL).... It's really upsetting to watch them play, but like you say - gotta stand by your team.

Hopefully they come out of this summer looking sharp and ready to do something! I don't thing a first draft pick will be the answer to our prayers, they are going to have to be willing to play our young guys, like Eberle and whomever we draft, but it cant hurt.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you think you could do better? lol i just dont want to watch a losing team! i will still watch the games and hope that they win but if/when they lose i wont be dissaponted because i will be rooting for a hopefully better team! thats my point.

Top Bottom