Looking for a heavy duty mechanic for Kitimat

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The company i work for is looking for a heavy duty mechanic
would work on anything from 2 pressure washer up to a 40 ton truck, dozers, excavators, ect. GPS and minor electronics work as well
Rotation - 14 x 14
Location - Kitimat
you get your own service truck no sharing with someone else
camp provided
3 hours paid travel going to work to start shift and 3 hrs paid going home for days off
flights from Edmonton, and a think a couple places in BC, maybe more I will find that out tomorrow
basically you get salary benefits like matching rsp up to 6%, insurance, etc. but you are paid hourly, and it is not a union position.
I dont have the hourly rate but if anyone is interested (yes I know its virtually impossible to find mechanics right now) get in touch with me.
We are a big company but dont have the big company endless paperwork like the oem providers like Brandt and SMS have. You are more of your own boss while on site working with the operations team with our maintenance team support.

Reactions: RXN

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why? For those who are not informed on such information

I can't speak to how they treat employees, but I can say that they are insanely dis-organized and have people who don't have a clue what they are doing, although in hindsight, that is not far off from most general's.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will be hard to get another operator job that pays more than what I'm getting now but I'm just looking for something different. Looking at all options

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found Bird not bad to work for. Contract work on the Admin Building, and the Entertainment Building.
Best part was...they paid on time!;)

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being paid on time. That right there proves they are in the upper echelon of companies in my opinion. Pay the rate, pay on time.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The maintenance side takes it up a notch and actually pays its venders as fast as possible as well. I dont understand why some companies will go months and months before paying. I get mad at vendors if they dont bill us right away. I like to know my costs and where I sit so the sooner we pay the sooner i know that.

Top Bottom