I do not enjoy working on my machine

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I enjoy tinkering and doing little things to my own machines, but hate doing major stuff. Then again, I am to cheap to pay someone to do something I can do.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least your honest couleeman not like RUCKY, beat a 670 on that stoneboat HAHAHAHAHAHA:p:D:eek:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least your honest couleeman not like RUCKY, beat a 670 on that stoneboat HAHAHAHAHAHA:p:D:eek:

Sorry, did I forget to mention that didn't actually happen, because the only person I know with a 670 has his sled "bent" up pretty good, no racey racey till next year. Then he shall eat my snow.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you mean KABOOMED it appears to still be here. Or maybe thats the whoopin your gonna recieve from a 670 KABOOOOMMMMM:p

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
KaBoooom

I don't mind working on sleds, seeing as both mine are older I don't have much choice...
I'm not a mechanic and summitric will support my lack of patients, that being said, I've had the motor and skid out of evey sled I've owned and know the units top to bottom. It never hurts to know your sled when your standing in the dark wondering why it won't start....in the mountains...and it's getting cold....
It would be nice to have a new sled and have no repairs for a year....but we all have dreams, don't we.
:) :) :) :) :)

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: I Love Workin' On My Sleds

I Absolutely Love Workin' On My Machines, And Truck And Trailer, And Van And Car..... There's No Greater Satisfaction In The World Than Being Able To Fix Something Or Improve It To The Utmost.........pure Satisfaction.;)

So what can you do for your Doo??????? LOL!LMAO!
Had to do it buddy!
catmando!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
FINE TUNE, KITTY, FINE TUNE..... CLUTCHING IS ONE OF THE BIG DOOS STRONG POINTS RIGHT NOW.... EVEN WITH IT'S WEIGHT IT CAN OUTDOO A 164 XP(NOT BY MUCH, BUT IT DID),:eek: WITH THE SAME RIDER PUSHING BOTH SLEDS....

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I enjoy both, I like hiding out in my heated garage with the beer fridge holding a good stock and the radio going just me and the machine with the dog sleeping on the floor, great stress relief!!! But with the little time I have away from work, the big jobs, I'd just as much rather pay and hope that they are done right. Corey at Riverside has been great to me over the last year I have been going there, only one small hiccup which wasn;t too big of a deal. It is nice to just drop it off instead of going back and forth for parts, and getting it half done and your stressed about that next trip and worried if you put it back together right, or the guy that you were watching fix it because he swears he knows whta he is doing, and your drinking so your drunk, and it don't fire up when your hung over on that cool crisp sunday morning?? been there!!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with Jeremy....in the garage, dogs on the floor, radio in the background. Even if there isn't anything pressing to do on the sleds, I'll find something to tinker on. Big thing for me lately is looking for efficiencies in the drivetrain, and it's paying off very well.

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
Its too darn expensive to pay someone to work on the sled for me! I would rather spend 4 hours in the shop working on the sled, then pay a shop to do the same job in one hour. Plus I can awlays call my dad over to help, he has been building sleds for 30 years and raced for 15 years.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you, J_E_

I’ve always found a sense of satisfaction from being able to repair a machine myself, be it a sled or diesel truck.

With shop rates over a $100/hr, repair manuals are not expensive. You can always ask a dealership questions, good service departments will still answer the question or provide clarifications for you “even if you did not purchase the sled from them”.

Lastly, when a snafu manifests itself and you’re on the mountain being able to fix it turns a less than perfect situation into a good weekend (when you consider the cost of renting a sled).

Its too darn expensive to pay someone to work on the sled for me! I would rather spend 4 hours in the shop working on the sled, then pay a shop to do the same job in one hour. Plus I can awlays call my dad over to help, he has been building sleds for 30 years and raced for 15 years.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
A LITTLE OFF THE TOPIC, BUT "J E SUMMIT" DID YOU POST YOUR HOME FLAG/PIN ON THE "MEMBER'S MAP" ON THE FRONT FORUM PAGE DOWN THE LEFT SIDE??? HOW'S THE SNOW IN SMITHERS??

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
A LITTLE OFF THE TOPIC, BUT "J E SUMMIT" DID YOU POST YOUR HOME FLAG/PIN ON THE "MEMBER'S MAP" ON THE FRONT FORUM PAGE DOWN THE LEFT SIDE??? HOW'S THE SNOW IN SMITHERS??

Yep, I'm on the map. I am acctually doing some schooling in Kamloops right now, but I was home last week. Snow was great at the beginning of last week, but it was as hard as rock right down well below the tree line when I left on saturday.

Top Bottom