I do not enjoy working on my machine

Misfit

Reaction score
I envy you guys, I truley do. Il work on my sled, and get it fixed but by the end of the ordeal Im at the end of my rope (or in the snowmobile case my recoil hahaha) and looking for some rogain to touch up the hair I just pulled out. For those of you who can get the job done, and have a good time doing it, my hats off to you.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guys at supreme plating do plastic welding..

Thanx Glenn; I figure it will end up being much cheaper and easier for me to just replace the piece, vs. trying to get it to the city, from Grande Cache, to get it fixed. It has to come off and go back on either way.;):)

lightweight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm on the fence here . If you get satisfaction from working on your sled.it would be a possitive . my self i would rather work on it in the shop than on the trail. nothing ruins a great sled trip than a preventative break down. I got a great idea. manufactures should offer ROAD SIDE asssistance for 1 year . that might smarten up the quailty control issues and all get the bugs in the new sled fixed quicker

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love workin on sleds and bikes... But i dont care so much for workin on my truck.... Glad to work on any newer sled at the shop...

Im with Glenn on this one, I absolutly dread repairng my trucks or changing oil, but with sleds, quads, bikes I love to tinker around, besides, everyone should have atleast the basic knowledge on how to repair their machines especially with the places they can take us (out in the boondocks) My stepfather actually rebuilt the top end of his sled at the top of a mountain instead of calling a chopper which is something i know i could do aswell if need be and this knowledgw was gained by "tinkering" around.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets put it this way...If they didn't want you to work on them,they wouldn't sell shop manuals.And by the way,I'm in the process of putting in new bearings in the drive shaft of my cat that I lost on the way up Renshaw last weekend.Did I mention that the manual have a grease chart to follow.Make sure you find them all.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets put it this way...If they didn't want you to work on them,they wouldn't sell shop manuals.And by the way,I'm in the process of putting in new bearings in the drive shaft of my cat that I lost on the way up Renshaw last weekend.Did I mention that the manual have a grease chart to follow.Make sure you find them all.

That neglected zerk you are talking about is the last one we all think about... I'm assumming it is the speedo / drive shaft bearing zerk right? Just under the driven clutch. Over the last many years I have seen this one dry out on a few buddies sleds? Don't feel bad! That is the number one grease fitting we all forget about. :confused::D

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love workin on sleds and bikes... But i dont care so much for workin on my truck.... Glad to work on any newer sled at the shop...

Whats with this ANY NEWER SLED????? What exactly do you folks their consider newer:confused:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats with this ANY NEWER SLED????? What exactly do you folks their consider newer:confused:

WELL, definately not those OLD and OUTDATED 670's. They're garbage! LOL...I'm completely kidding, just teasing. The old engines work almost as good as the new engines, if not better.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just going to pose the ??? Has anyone looked under the hood of a NEW rev lately:eek:

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya No S##T!!! I just finished another high comp head install on an 07 and man they dont get much tighter than that:eek:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya No S##T!!! I just finished another high comp head install on an 07 and man they dont get much tighter than that:eek:

AHHH! I had a bad bad dream about that once. I was just hooking up the coolant line, when ALL of a sudden, the spring clamp flew off and disappeared into the midst of the terrible Rotax forest. I was told never to venture into it again, for the terrible R.A.V.E tribe may attack....and then I woke up.

Top Bottom