Hybred trailer over hard side??? Benefits and cons?

Hybread or full hard side trailer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TommyTongue

Reaction score
I am currently looking atbuying a trailer. I have a ford f150 2001. and a polaris rzr. I was looking at a hybred trailer that reduces weight over a full size hard side trailer. anybody got one and what do you think. are they worth the money or shall I go for a hard side full trailer.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Get off your wallet and buy a motorhome and 30 foot enclosed to haul OUR toys in.
I am currently looking atbuying a trailer. I have a ford f150 2001. and a polaris rzr. I was looking at a hybred trailer that reduces weight over a full size hard side trailer. anybody got one and what do you think. are they worth the money or shall I go for a hard side full trailer.

TommyTongue

Reaction score
tHANKS FOR THE USEFULL INPUT MANY NUBERS....LOL i LET THE MISSUS KNOW! ( I JUST WISH I KNEW WHAT THE HELL YOU JUST SAID!!!!) LOL

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy had a hybrid trailer and i stayed in it one night and found it very cold, vs our hardwall trailer. When the furnace kicked in it did not seem to get any warmer. It had two popouts and was kinda a pain to set up.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine had one. Did not enjoy putting it away when it rained. Also when it was windy out it was cold.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want a motorhome, I have a smokin deal for you Tommy. We're selling my dad's 36' Damon Intruder class A....around 93,000km, 460 gas motor, 5000 watt built in generator, etc. There's a huge work order from 2 years ago, and it hasn't been used since. He'd let it go for $13,000.

TommyTongue

Reaction score
Ah man now you just putting silly ideas in my head......lol never get the house renovated or funds for the wedding..LOL whoohoo!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
My parents had a hybrid for 10 years and never really had any complaints about it. They towed it with a 97 Aerostar to start with and then moved up to a 1/2 tonne in the later years. They sold it last fall after picking up a 31' hard wall, as dad's getting older and they are getting ready for retirement. Otherwise I would guess they'd still be using the hybrid.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On another note do you wanna go around like a tree hugger saying you have a hybrid????? Not me.lol

schickdecision

Reaction score
I've had a Hybrid and have now gone to a hard side. Major differences that I've noticed are ability to keep heat in the hard side is much better, winterizing of a hardside is easier as I found that the seals on the Hybrid were cheap and found water and condensation inside in the spring. You'll find that pulling with a half ton, the Hybrid is way easier and all and all it worked for what I used it for. Just depends when you want to use it and what the weather is like. Remember that if it rains while you are camping, when you fold the tents in, it is very hard to keep the water out.

Top Bottom