Hunting Season

rmktime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmmm elk steaks , moose steaks , deer roasts .,,,,,,,,, rabbit legs mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so hungry:p

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes fresh wild meat.Yum
Actually a guy I hunt with makes rabbit stew at hunting camp.
It"s great after a long day.:p
Beer,Cigars and RABBIT:eek:

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went hunting over the three day weekend and killed these two.

I can't remember how many shots it took ... But it was a lot....:d

image001112.jpg

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good one Marty. Not much to cut up but you can recycle. What else did you get other than a hangover?

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the mule deer with the bow and the whitetail with the gun. Just does, sorry no pics taken. Just meat for jerky. But it will taste great.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well took my boy out finally after football and before basketball starts. Got out on the 11th seen 4 moose 1 bull but gone like a shot so went in the same area yesterday and watched this 1 horned moose for a while first it was a cow then it would move a ways i seen the horn i think after a while we thought it was gone we got on the quads and Jamie seen it again and he said he seen horns so he shot and it took off. So went to where it was standing about 75 yrds and no blood Jamie went back to where he shot from and put me where the moose was standing and i found hair and red blood. Did some tracking and 50yds the moose was down dead with the antlerless side up. But as seen in the picture it was a bull first one for him. Now I can get on with sledding once i pick my sled from Neil at NPP he is building a new pipe for my turbo.

Attachments

• Jamies 1st Moose 002.jpg
    Jamies 1st Moose 002.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 31

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i got out this morning and here is what i ended up with. He scores 145 3/4. He was an old deer and weighed about 250+. Seen a few big ones, there was one over or close to 200"

001-1.jpg

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
rsaint! Boy I wish I had that equipment with us when we got the cow moose this fall. Easy gutting with that. Congrats to your son on his first moose

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good one Marty. Not much to cut up but you can recycle. What else did you get other than a hangover?

So far the only blood that has been on my hands is a little bit of my own. At the beginning of our Sept. elk hunt we were seeing lots but nothing that we could make a garanteed kill shot on. Saw a nice 6 point, 250-300 yds but he had cows all around him and wasn't leaving them for anything. The wind swirled and that was it they were off...... Gonna try and get out again this week.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
had a great last 5 days seen over 20 cow calfs combo and 11 bull moose our group pulled 3 out of the bush.

Attachments

• (0ptional) 052.jpg
    (0ptional) 052.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 28
  • (0ptional) 054.jpg
    (0ptional) 054.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 39
  • (0ptional) 055.jpg
    (0ptional) 055.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 46
  • (0ptional) 056.jpg
    (0ptional) 056.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 31

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice work ed. all igot is 1 small buck with the boy and a coyote.

Attachments

• baileys buck.jpg
    baileys buck.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks good guys hey anybody have an idea where a fella can find an nice young bull elk for the freezer was thinking about trying the saddle hills but only been there once before so don.t know the area to well:d

Apex162

Reaction score
There are lots of farms that border the hills, just ask for permission and hunt the hay fields. We were there with no snow and much to warm and had no results, there is lots of snow there and you should do well.

Top Bottom