Hunters Range Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hows the back??? How did the note work? Did your daughter dig the sled out? Your Dad enjoyed the trip.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back was good. I think it hurt more from the pack than anything - will tie it to the tunnel next trip.

No stucks - no need to use note!! Only mishap was when daughter got on the wrong side of sled on a turn around on a sidehill, and rolled her sled into a tree. Luckily - one rollover and she was out! I just kept on the gas way more - to keep from getting stuck.

Tried out the highjacker just for fun - works pretty slick for a guy with a bad back.

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to be heading up to Hunters range on March 22
Anyone know what the conditions are like or where i can get a map?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i am going to be heading up to hunters range on march 22
anyone know what the conditions are like or where i can get a map?

you can get the maps at a lot of stores in enderby, and even in ashton creek store which is about 15 minutes east of enderby on the way up to hunter's cabin.....

XPeep

Reaction score
I am going to be heading up to Hunters range on March 22
Anyone know what the conditions are like or where i can get a map?
what kind of riding are you into? you might want to head past hunters main to king fisher and play up in meadows there (easy quick in and out)- dont have to venture far to have lots of different kind of terrain. just my $.02

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what kind of riding are you into? you might want to head past hunters main to king fisher and play up in meadows there (easy quick in and out)- dont have to venture far to have lots of different kind of terrain. just my $.02

I agree I have been to king fisher before and there is some nice terrain up there we may end up switching who knows. I have never been to hunters range and the friends that invited me are going to hunters so thought I would check it out.

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I am just back from burning up a tank of gas at Hunters. The weather was great clear blue skys felt about a couple degrees above 0. The snow was ok up top there were some areas in the meadows that were untouched for some donuts and carving. the trails were lacking abit of snow in areas just groomed condition. We got some decent air Climbing the hill by the one tower not sure wich one it was. snow is getting scarce in the parking lot and almost slushy snow at the start. but there is still plenty to unload and hit the trail up. All in all she was a good day wish we had brought a camera for photos. Sorry guys next time. cheers :beer::beer:

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am coming up to Hunter again this Sunday. If anyone else goes upbefore then can you post the conditions? thanks.:beer:

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
HI there. sorry I havent been Writing Ive been ON HOLIDAYS.. traded in the sled for a harley in California and Nevada for a couple weeks!!! ANYHOW>. ASHTON/BrASH side will now only be groomed THURSDAYS.... so Last night he did it.. and all the way out to the Gordon Sidney and He reported SNOW SNOW SNOW.. over 1 foot fresh he reported to me at the gordon Sidney and 7 inches at the main chalet and Now a fresh groomed trail for the weekend too!.. THe bottom is still manned by trail collectors so DONT forget your money . .. Looks like the grooming season will be in full swing till the end of april at this rate.. SEE YA AT THE HILL!.. and PS I HAVE MAPS WITH ME if you need one as you go up.. ASHTON BRASH side your parking at upper parking lot.. . Kingfisher/Laforge trail.. your driving up the noisy creek road about 12 kms before parking . So if thats a concern is driving take that into consideration. Both ways are great trails just a matter of preference.

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HI there. sorry I havent been Writing Ive been ON HOLIDAYS.. traded in the sled for a harley in California and Nevada for a couple weeks!!! ANYHOW>. ASHTON/BrASH side will now only be groomed THURSDAYS.... so Last night he did it.. and all the way out to the Gordon Sidney and He reported SNOW SNOW SNOW.. over 1 foot fresh he reported to me at the gordon Sidney and 7 inches at the main chalet and Now a fresh groomed trail for the weekend too!.. THe bottom is still manned by trail collectors so DONT forget your money . .. Looks like the grooming season will be in full swing till the end of april at this rate.. SEE YA AT THE HILL!.. and PS I HAVE MAPS WITH ME if you need one as you go up.. ASHTON BRASH side your parking at upper parking lot.. . Kingfisher/Laforge trail.. your driving up the noisy creek road about 12 kms before parking . So if thats a concern is driving take that into consideration. Both ways are great trails just a matter of preference.

Were you at the bottom today? Thanks for the map. it sure was a rough ride up but the conditions were excellant at the top. I am so tired from all the stucks today. wicked spring riding. Not so good for one of my buddys decided to shorten his front end up with an 8" tree. but still ran so got most of the day in. omg just looked in the mirror my face is so sun burnt.

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
Yes guilty as charged Im the one at the bottom of the hill at the Ashton/Brash side.. Sorry to hear the trail was crap for ya. I just get to work for them and do as Im told( haha). They are only down to 1 day a week grooming and I am Only there now for weekends.. so monday - thursday can be a free for all for ya. but the trails will be tip top best for friday -saturday.. Sundays are still nuts cuz everyone is used to Saturday night grooming thinking its fresh for them Sunday. SO NOTE- FOR BEST TRAIL CONDITIONS come friday or saturday!! If you dont care about the trail you just wanna see powder and fun come other days.. see ya at the hill!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom