Hunters Range Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
Hi all .. I just thought Id start a new thread because I was asked to about conditions and stuff. .Today (Sunday) I had 42 guys go up the Ashton/Brash trail side.Very low numbers but Its kind of a crappy day down below here too.. It was groomed last night just to the main chalet.. ITS SNOWING LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW :wintermsn:..

:party2:so finally some fresh powder will cover the concrete(as described by some) you all seem to despise so much..

Our avalanche guide for the next few days is rated considerable.... The next scheduled date for grooming is Wednesday . where he usually leaves around 10 am and heads out back to gordon sidney cabin. The trail girl. (ME ) will tell you which trail he has taken up to avoid him. Anyhow thats my update for today. . Hope this answers what some of you have been asking for!! See ya at the HILL! PS Laforge side still has active logging on it and you are having to drive up to 12 km to park as well as watch for logging trucks. This week there might not be a lot of logging activity as Tolko mill is shut down for the week. I cant promise that though I dont know for sure where they are hauling to but thought Id mention it anyhow . Laforge reported 8 inches fresh new stuff before this snowfall that we are currently experiencing where my side only reported 4 inches. And last but not least....Laforge is groomed on Thursdays only...... So now your in the know!! happy trails..

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was it snowing today, sunday? damn we just left there lol. hope it gets more snow most areas seem like they could use a few more feet, but still good there no complaints at all

snowzombie

Reaction score
There on Friday, snow was lacking but was a decent day.

Attachments

• 108_6224.jpg
    108_6224.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 108_6231.jpg
    108_6231.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 108_6235.jpg
    108_6235.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 108_6238.jpg
    108_6238.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 89

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
SO I JUST GOT THE WORD>> 7 am WEDNESDAY.. groomer is not going up .. have had less then 50 sleds on it since saturdays groom and they think the fresh powder on the trails will be fun for the next couple days seeing as I have had low attendance all week only 3 and 4 a day... So Saturday will be grooming and going to gordon sidney then.. ! so have fun either way. > theres lots of powder again to play in .. on and off the trails.. SEE YA AT THE HILL!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is the snow now???
Will be in Kelowna for 2 weeks at the end of the month and am bringing my sled. Hope to hook-up with some locals for a ride.

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
GOOD MORNING SATURDAY FEBRUARY 7th.. GROOMER IS GOING UP DURING THE DAY TODAY >> SO YOULL HAVE TO WATCH HIM ON THE TRAILS>> HE WILL BE GOING UP ASHTON TRAIL AFTER 12 NOON.. SO AVOID THE ASHTON TRAIL COMING DOWN LATER TODAY!!!!!! HES GONNA GO ALL THE WAY OUT BACK TO GORDON SIDNEY!!!! SEE YA ON THE HILL...

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the update, was there much new snow from the few storms that the weather channel had called for?

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
FRESH GROOMED LAST NIGHT FOR THIS MORNING ALL THE WAY OUT TO GORDON SIDNEY.. hes reporting 4 inches of newer powder and said it was overcast out there last night . so will see what today brings.. EVER WONDER WHAT UP TOP looks like go to the silverstar website and look at their chair lift cams.. Usually their uptop weather is the same as ours... CYA AT THE HILL!

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
Today Wednesday Feb11 He will be going up grooming again. Ive got reports that there is only 4 1/2 ft at Main chalet and 7 1/2 at gordon sidney.. That big we got last week helped but our levels are crazy low for this time of year.. DO THE SNOW DANCE. .Things change rapidly in 2 weeks.. so for the one who asked about end of february.. Hopefully its all good still !! or we get more snow and make it great for ya.. Again... you ever wanna know what the top is similar to .. go to the silverstar website.. we are always close to what they are doing...

XPeep

Reaction score
just wondering if trail was groomed this weekend and how much fresh was up top.

same question for friday the 20th. silverstar is reporting 10 cm of fresh the last week- if this is the case with hunters- might be staying home this weekend.

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
GOOD MORNING MONDAY February 23 . ITS SNOWING OUT THERE... KEEP DANCING!!!! Yesterday was slow for a sunday only 40 guys up ashton brash side... and today snow so .. HAVE FUN !!

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
GOOD MORNING FEBRUARY 26th THURSDAY!!!.. WE have officially had OVER 13 inches of fresh stuff at the gordon sidney when measured YESTERDAY during the snow fall.. .So we got like 8 inches over night down here at the bottom AFTER that was read so WE HAVE LOTS MORE!!!!.. yesterday morning my markers said 4 1/2 at the main chalet and 71/2 at the gordon sidney .. DURING THS SNOWFALL he had reported 5 1/2 feet at main chalet and 8 1/2 at gordon sidney BUT WITH THE SNOW COMES NEW WARNINGS>.. all week Ive been moderate to considerable on my avalanche scale.. This morning I have gotten a HIGH warning for Alpine.. and Considerable from treeline and below!.. So have fun and dress warm.. its - 14 here this morning!!!

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
just wondering if trail was groomed this weekend and how much fresh was up top.

Sorry I didnt get back to you . I was off work that weekend but just wanted to post that he grooms every saturday Night.ashton and brash to the main chalet. for a fresh sunday morning.. as it is always the busiest day and he grooms Wednesday during the day and you have to be cautious and watch for him on the trails as he does the gordon sidney trail as well as the ashton and brash . Thursdays is when he does the Laforge trail.. Which is the Mable Lake/Noisy creek access.

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
GOOD DAY >> SUNDAY March 1rst. > > FRESH GROOMED to the main chalet both Ashton and Brash trail.. and It is snowing RIGHT NOW !!.. the groomer reported having 8 inches up there already last night so wow how much more can be this morning... you know ya wanna look .. ! . Hopefully it does clear up a bit though because it is really coming down right now. Will see.. how bad you want to be the first one in the fresh powder... See ya at the hill!

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
how are things looking heading into the weekend?

Well we had it groomed Wednesday all the way to gordon sidney on the ashton brash side.. Thursday on the Laforge side.. Saturday tomorrow.. we will be getting groomed again, the ashton brash trails just to the main chalet. So sunday is the best in the morning to get on the fresh groomed trail.. we are in for some more snow Ive been told and Im pretty sure we had some last night and for sure the night before.. In the last week we have increased our markers from 4 1/2 ft at the main chalet to near 5 1/2 and our Gordon Sidney Marker from 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 . .SO some new snow happened this week. If you have Trailers . The bottom parking lot is still the route to go as the hill is still to icy to get up .. Usually at this time of year we start losing the trail heads. .but we are still a go from the parking lots with no bare patches from the upper parking lot up... . Anyhow Hope this helps ya make a decision to come.. If your coming tomorrow, Saturday . Ive had 40 sleds on it since it was groomed Wednesday night. NOt many at all! I GOT NEW REPORTS TODAY TOO PEOPLE SPINNING OUT TRYING TO GET UP TO TOP PARKING LOT SO JUST PARK IN BOTTOM IF YOUR TIRES ARE NOT GOOD OR YOU HAVE A TRAILER>> NO TRAILERS ALLOWED UP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom