Humboldt Broncos, horrifying!

rgashkei

Reaction score
Talk about one sided, get 3 people with the same opinion. That's not a discussion. I don't believe this had anything to do with Race, religion, gender, etc. The large response to the tragedy is because a lot of people can relate to what happened. Millions of people have rode on buses for sporting events, schools outings, trips, etc so it effects more people than it would in most other tragedies that occur. However, I don't agree with death threats to anyone, that is just not necessary.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk about one sided, get 3 people with the same opinion. That's not a discussion. I don't believe this had anything to do with Race, religion, gender, etc. The large response to the tragedy is because a lot of people can relate to what happened. Millions of people have rode on buses for sporting events, schools outings, trips, etc so it effects more people than it would in most other tragedies that occur. However, I don't agree with death threats to anyone, that is just not necessary.
So you don't agree that there is a demographic within Canada that lacks the skill set to be a competent commercial truck driver?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would the country as a whole be as upset if it was a bus load
Of Syrian refugee's? Would you be?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes. I would still think they were killed by a ****ty driver.

Would you send your money into a go fund me for
The Syrian victims?

If the answer is no, I don't really see a problem anyways.
People should be able to do what they want with thier money.

rgashkei

Reaction score
I didn't comment on that at all. I do agree that is a huge issue and would hope this brings some light to the subject.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you send your money into a go fund me for
The Syrian victims?

If the answer is no, I don't really see a problem anyways.
People should be able to do what they want with thier money.
I didn't send any to the Humboldtgo find me so I doubt I would for the thoritical Syrian hockey team killed on a bus.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't send any to the Humboldtgo find me so I doubt I would for the thoritical Syrian hockey team killed on a bus.

Me.neither. all I'm saying is there would be a lot less give a **** Canada wide :rolleyes:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would the country as a whole be as upset if it was a bus load
Of Syrian refugee's? Would you be?
I would be impressed that they picked up hockey so fast and learning about Canadian pastimes.

I would be outraged cause they were on a government funded bus.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't comment on that at all. I do agree that is a huge issue and would hope this brings some light to the subject.
I thought you were talking about the Loretta lady.

But I wasn't 100%

As far as I am concerned her timing and comments where a well planned political stunt that blew up in her face.

Why else would you toss a grenade at a funeral?

The death threats are a little much.
But I don't think it is out of line to remind her that she is a ****ty person.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes but I see that with all people lately tho.
And what do the have in common?

Untrained, unskilled.

I sympathize that they are new Canadians but if you can't identify the issue how do you address it?

Should be interesting to see the demographic data from the commercial truck crashes on hwy1 this winter.

See what trends emerge.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I think a big start would be to learn English.

Untrained, unskilled.

I sympathize that they are new Canadians but if you can't identify the issue how do you address it?

Should be interesting to see the demographic data from the commercial truck crashes on hwy1 this winter.

See what trends emerge.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you think the Syrian refugees give a **** about the Humbold crash?
They are like derka derka I'm bored, wonder what Trudeau is making for supper today?I better not smack the old lady to hard today,she's pregnant with my 11th child......

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Untrained, unskilled.

See what trends emerge.

Ive been in numerous industries, trucking, oil and gas. In all of those years I’ve only had one supervisor ever say out loud to a group that “just because your trained, doesn’t make you competent”. He was the best leader I ever had the pleasure of working for.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Untrained, unskilled.

See what trends emerge.

While I agree with you that many that fit this category are new Canadians, it brings a topic to the forefront that may or may not be related to this accident.

It seems to me more and more lately that there is a lack of training, and mentoring across the trucking industry that has resulted in a very high amount of unskilled and unprofessional drivers being found behind the wheel. I don’t believe it to be 100% an ethnicity issue either.

I see it every time I drive on any 4 lane highway the most. Truckers not paying attention to their surroundings, cutting off drivers in the fast lane so they can pass the truck in front of them that’s doing 2 km/hr slower than them instead of just slowing a bit or waiting for a break in traffic. Blowing by people broke down or stopped on the side of the road even when they have room to move over.

Many truckers like to blame 4 wheelers for doing dumb stuff in front of them but many times I’ve seen this happen out of anger and frustration due to something the truck did earlier.

No offence to any of the “professional” drivers on here. I have spent time behind the big wheel, I have family that trucks freight, logging and heavy haul. I know about the struggle for the independents to make a dollar and meet time restraints. These are just my thoughts based on my experience.

This accident was a tragedy and very saddening. It will be interesting to see the conclusion from the investigation as to the root cause(s) in hopes that recommendations result from it to keep it from happening again.

Top Bottom