Huh?! What the heck Cat

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Everyone is always expecting the big four to re-invent the wheel every year lol... THATS how companys go under...... Do they have a whole bunch of awesome stuff on the backburner?? Of course.... Could they release it all RIGHT NOW??? YES... Then what are they going to sell for the next four years?? NOTHING... they would go out of buisness..... They have a wicked sled... now they are buddied up with yam.. they dont NEED to throw away a bunch of protopypes to make any profits this year..... They have a good product.... And they found a way to move a bunch of thier chassis this year! Its good for everyone! As soon as the competetion goes away.. your favorite brand will stop pushing the limits!

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't expecting the C-tec 800 this year, but I was hoping to see a youth sled, bigger than the 120 - smaller than the 570. There's a hole in their line up right there!

That doesn't sound like a huge splash, but there's a market for the inbetweener sleds IMO.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't expecting the C-tec 800 this year, but I was hoping to see a youth sled, bigger than the 120 - smaller than the 570. There's a hole in their line up right there!

That doesn't sound like a huge splash, but there's a market for the inbetweener sleds IMO.

Yes, but is there a "profitable" market?

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say yes, based on our experience. Any time we get a used sled here between 300-500cc it's gone in less than 24 hours. I would think that avid sledders who have youngish children would gobble them up. How many guys do you know with Z120s? We sell a ton of them - at some point those kids are too big for the 120 engine and chassis, but what do you put them on?

With kids quads and sleds you rarely lose a pile of money, as you can often turn around and resell for nearly what you paid - in my experience, anyways.

SummitRider2014

Reaction score
wow i took a leap of faith this year .....jumped to an xm and my only worry was that cat would come out with something radical ......Guess the xm was the right choice

cat has to step up big time IMHO

Yeah that was me this year too!

Sent while I'm on the sh*tter at work

minnow10

Reaction score
I'd say yes, based on our experience. Any time we get a used sled here between 300-500cc it's gone in less than 24 hours. I would think that avid sledders who have youngish children would gobble them up. How many guys do you know with Z120s? We sell a ton of them - at some point those kids are too big for the 120 engine and chassis, but what do you put them on?

With kids quads and sleds you rarely lose a pile of money, as you can often turn around and resell for nearly what you paid - in my experience, anyways.

I agree 100%, But then why did they all go away? Where is the Jag? what about the indy lite? I believe skidoo had a freestyle 300 or a 330 in the new chassis. Something with the independent front end ,decent rear suspension?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree 100%, But then why did they all go away? Where is the Jag? what about the indy lite? I believe skidoo had a freestyle 300 or a 330 in the new chassis. Something with the independent front end ,decent rear suspension?

Exactly why I posed the question. I don't think there's any money in it for them or they'd still be making them.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
T-team said cats are good??????
Everyone is always expecting the big four to re-invent the wheel every year lol... THATS how companys go under...... Do they have a whole bunch of awesome stuff on the backburner?? Of course.... Could they release it all RIGHT NOW??? YES... Then what are they going to sell for the next four years?? NOTHING... they would go out of buisness..... They have a wicked sled... now they are buddied up with yam.. they dont NEED to throw away a bunch of protopypes to make any profits this year..... They have a good product.... And they found a way to move a bunch of thier chassis this year! Its good for everyone! As soon as the competetion goes away.. your favorite brand will stop pushing the limits!

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T-team said cats are good??????
That in itself would be enough for me to trust a salesman, recognizing the competition rather than bash says a lot for a guys character. As for the 3in track I can't find the pic I had seen on Facebook, side profile of a white/orange 153 sno pro with track saying 2.6/3.0 which I clearly got over excited and didn't think about the pitch, that's a little disappointing I was guessing the forward cooler position was done for that reason

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess I was wrong.. 3" pitch

Attachments

• 1888466_701436543220376_558666733_n.jpg
    1888466_701436543220376_558666733_n.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:

bryan_117

Reaction score
Did I miss something or did Cat not make any changes for 2015?! Just looked over the new models, lots of nice graphics, more of the 6000 spread around but nothing exciting or game changing. Was really hoping to see a new 800, or at least direct injection on the existing one.

When I test rode the 600 ctec last fall the cat guy that was touring it around said then that there would be no chance of seeing the 800 direct injection till at least 2016. He also said they have an agreement with Suzuki to provide the lay down 800 for a few more years if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SummitRider2014

Reaction score
Ah I see, well I guess that'll be something to look forward to next year then.

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems f*cked to me that they couldn't even make a change and add a tether as standard equipment.
It's just a case of manufacturers milking customers for more $$(part & instal) on items that should be standard to begin with. Its basic safety and could save your sled and your life.
What's with the "air pump" as standard equipment?

...anyone see a weight? ...funny how such a pertinent figure in the technical data is omitted. That's weird!

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I don't know - I'd think price point is a determining factor. Many parents would rather buy a bigger sled off the hop than to buy 2 to get through the same stretch. Just like buying a winter coat to get your kid through 2 seasons. I've found there are "door openers" and "door closers" so to speak. You can buy your kid the nicest 570 (or whatever) money can buy but if he/she gets on there and scares themselves because it's too big, too much engine or whatever happens, it can be much harder to get them back on the horse. I'd wonder if the option of an appropriate sized sled would be enticing enough for parents?

It doesn't need to be fancy, or reinventing the wheel. I'd say a simple short or medium track with electric start and reverse between the price of a 120 and 570 would be a good seller. Then again, I'm not everyone and I work in an oil rich hub in the province - not everyone has the same disposable income as many of our customers - so I could be way off base.

Top Bottom