Hows every one liking there 2010/2011 m8

Waukeshaw

Reaction score
just wondered how the new m8s are working out? any issues with them? anf one been riding with the new doo etecs, if so how do the two compare?

mas cerveza

Reaction score
just wondered how the new m8s are working out? any issues with them? anf one been riding with the new doo etecs, if so how do the two compare?

Absolutely love my M8 Snopro, goes everywhere the 'big' boys go , suspension is a little firm on compact trails, piled up a DD bearing around 500 miles and now have recall for possible a-arm issues, pretty minor stuff for what I have put this sled through, dragons or etecs have nothing more than this m

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't been to the mountains yet, did have some great conditions around town though, love it all around, put a jaws can on it, frog skinz, and a gas rack and plan on leavin it this way, lots of fun and it handles 10x better than my king kat

cdnsledder

Reaction score
1600 km on mine and lovin every minute. Almost all mountain riding. Handles like it's a piece of me and I'm a flyweight at 140lbs. No problem hanging with any sled out there in any snowpack type. Would buy it again. Get the 162 tho, my 153 is great but I think the extra track wouldn't hurt anything. Not one broken factory piece yet.

If I can leave any advice... Don't mod it. Don't think you can outsmart the engineers without meeting some obstacles. But i'm no tech, so that may be why :)

'10 m8 SP

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2010 M8 153 is my second M8 and I love it. It goes everywhere and climbs as high or higher than any of the stock sleds out there. It used to keep up to the 430 lb Summit 800s with the 162 track... That was until one of them got big-bored and the other got nitrous and a 3" track. Guess they were jealous on how well the M8 performed stock. I put an SLP pipe and power commander on and it has made the sled better. It also took out the initial arm-wrenching engagement acceleration and smoothed out the power band. It's still hard to keep the skis down on a hard climb. As for handling, it's very responsive and easy to sidehill or cross-stitch up a hill. The ski-doo guys just have to get on the M8 every once in a while to have some fun! I agree that a longer track would be better. I still like the 153 but wish they made a 3" for it. My next M8 will definitely be a 162. The 153 is so nimble, I don't think the longer track will be a concern.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1400miles and mine is great. put a 162x 2.5 on and dont regret it.

NO issues whatsoever, except a blown grip heater on high setting only. Low is enough so whatever.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 400 miles on my new 11 m8, just got dalton adjustable weights and a MBRP can put on as well as 3" riser block and now I really love it. Definitely a user friendly nimble sled:d

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
'10 m8 std. 3000km one secondary on warranty, motor mts on warranty, broken primary spring. never blown a belt, NEVER CHANGED PLUGS, cause they look good everytime i look at them. i put an slp intake on, super q can, and 2 cool sidevents,little riser and thats it. everyday i get on this thing it feels like it has more power. pulls with any NA sled out there, i dont care what anybody says. like said before though, keep the mods on the motor to a minimum.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love the power and handling of my 10sp162 but i have had problems, luckily most has been warrantied. Heres a list:
bogey wheel replaced
hood tab broke where the wire holds it from folding over when opening
pull cord broke off
busted up reeds
diamond drive bearing shot
telescoping bars jamming so they worked on that too
broken primary spring twice
speedo not working properly
and its munched a few belts

think thats it, been interesting fer sure but icant say ive thought of switchin to any of the other brands

Rocky Mountain Kamakazi

Reaction score
I had an 09 m8 and my father picked up a pro RMK and he would be able to outclimb me no problem, so I sold the 09 and picked up a 2011 with a 162 while the pro still has a 155, and he is still out climbing me no problem. The pro is completely stock and mine has a few minor mods, I made the mistake of buying another cat!!!!!! :mad:

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 09 m8 and my father picked up a pro RMK and he would be able to outclimb me no problem, so I sold the 09 and picked up a 2011 with a 162 while the pro still has a 155, and he is still out climbing me no problem. The pro is completely stock and mine has a few minor mods, I made the mistake of buying another cat!!!!!! :mad:

this pro vs cat battle is getting old...every person seems to have a different winner. there both good sleds, cat makes the power, polaris has everything else, get over it. i seem to have no problem taking out pros regardless of track length. 90 % rider 10% sled.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You need to learn how to ride, this doesn't sound like a machine problem to me.

Blair laursen

Reaction score
i would say change riders and see who wins, i have a 2010 m8 153 few minor mods and the new pros can not come close to my high marks.

Top Bottom